TripGo - Route & Transit Planner
By SkedGo Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Planning your ride through the city is a whole lot easier with TripGo! You can choose the most efficient, fastest, or cheapest route with our real-time city transit app.
We’re the only app who offers you to mix your trips and combine public and private transport options! Starting by train but then need a cab? We’ll factor that in for you. Leaving on your bike and need a car share later? No problem for us. Tell us your preferences and we’ll present the best options for you.
With TripGo you can plan your route, check timetables and get live service alerts. One of our best features: Connect your calendar to get automatic trips & leave alerts.
We deliver results in real-time: Up-to-the minute information on predicted departure/arrival times, GPS locations and service alerts for public transport - TripGo keeps you up to date and on time.
We connect public transport (bus, train, ferry, tram, subway, metro, funicular) with private and other transport options such as taxi, Uber, shuttle services, car routes and car sharing, motorbike, cycle routes, bike sharing and walking. Don’t forget to sync TripGo with your calendar!
"A must have app!!!"
"I can't thank you enough for this app!"
"You have improved my life, can't rave enough!"
"Amazing! Beautiful UI, too!"
"Should be 6 stars"
"Awesome love it"
"Life saving app. One of my favorites! Keep up the good work! ;-)"
"Responsive devs elegant app"
"Take Google’s Transit feature in Google Maps, then supercharge it by about 10 levels." - Siliconangle
"The really nice thing is that TripGo doesn’t lock you in to one transport mode or preference. You can choose the most efficient, fastest, or cheapest route." - Planetsave
"This intelligent trip-planning app helps you travel smarter." - Ecopreneurist
2012: Winner of Optus/NICTA Award
2012: Winner of Transport for NSW App Hot House (buses)
2013: Winner of Transport for NSW App Hot House (trains)
2014: Winner of CodeWorks NSW Roads Hackathon
2013: Finalist of QLD Premier's Award for Open Data in 2013
+ Real-time information for public transport (live map): tap on stops and stations to see real-time schedules. Click on a route to see positions of the vehicle, live on the map.
+ Door-to-door options for easy comparison on price, time and environmental impact
+ Public transport schedules/timetables
+ Reminders: add a reminder to your trip and the app will notify when to leave
+ Pricing for public transport, taxis, tolls and car parks
+ Sync + save trips to your calendar
+ Launch turn-by-turn navigation
+ Brisbane [*]
+ Sydney [*]
+ Christchurch [*]
+ Argentina: Bahia Blanca
+ Canada: Calgary, Edmonton, Halifax, Montreal [*], Ottawa, Quebec City, Thunder Bay [*], Toronto [*], Vancouver [*], Victoria, Winnipeg
+ Chile: Santiago
+ England: London, Manchester
+ Finland: Helsinki [*]
+ France: Bordeaux, Nantes, Rennes, Strasbourg, Toulouse
+ Germany: Berlin, Potsdam
+ Hungary: Budapest
+ Ireland: Dublin
+ Italy: Milan, Palermo, Rome, Trentino, Turin
+ Mexico: Mexico City
+ Netherlands: Amsterdam [*], The Hague [*], Rotterdam [*], Utrecht [*]
+ Norway: Oslo, Stavanger
+ Portugal: Lisbon
+ Spain: Madrid
+ USA: Atlanta [*], Austin [*], Baltimore [*], Boston [*], Boulder, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Fort Worth, Honolulu, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles [*], Louisville [*], Miami, Minneapolis, New York [*], Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Portland [*], Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Antonio, San Francisco [*], Santa Rosa, Seattle [*], St. Luois, St. Paul, Tampa, Washington DC [*]
+ Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh City
[*] including real-time data
What's New in Version 4.2
NOTE for iOS 7 users: This version is unstable. New one coming soon. Sorry!
New Apple Watch app:
- TripGo on the Apple Watch provides automatic trip information based on your agenda. It shows the next/current trip in your agenda, if you are where you said you wanted to be; if you aren't, you'll get information on the next trip there. Typically this means, you get quick information for how to get back home or work or the next event.
- Access to your favourites
New Notification Center widget:
- Same automatic trip information based on your agenda as the Apple Watch app
- You can now add a particular trip to your favourites, allowing you to skip the "Routes" screen.
- Favourite trips are also considered by your agenda, i.e., if you have a favourite way from home to work, those will also appear in the agenda when going from home to work.
Trip planning improvements:
- You can now remove transport modes that you never use.
- Search box autocompletes locations from previous searches
- Search field now clears when you tap on it when it was set to "Current location".
- The agenda now respects your selected transport modes.
- Added ability to exclude recurrences of work from routing on a per-day basis, e.g., if you don't go to work one day.
- Added ability to delete instances where the agenda suggests to go back to home, work or a previous event in the middle of the day. The agenda will then try to go directly from the previous event to the following without dropping by home first.
- When adding a trip to the agenda, you can now add a reminder for this trip and specify the time for the return trip.
- Events that haven't been accepted will default not being excluded from routes
And there's more:
- Hand-off support for trips between iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and TripGo on the Web
- TripGo respects your system-wide font size setting
- When a road route has multiple traffic alerts (Hello, Sydney), you can now get to a list of all of them.
- When deleting a trip from the agenda, TripGo now treats this as meaning you don't want to attend the following meeting and prompts accordingly.
- Default autocompletion results (favourites, search history, cities) still appear also when "Current location" is selected
- Transport mode selection screen on iPad is now displayed in a popover rather than a modal screen
- Tapping map button until it's disabled will now remove user location from map to not drain the battery with GPS updates
Various bug fixes and performance improvements:
- Error messages should be a bit more descriptive and/or more helpful.
- Fixed agenda issue where new routines would not appear on the selected dates
- App should start up noticeably faster.
- Autocomplete should be a bit faster, too.
- Speed up for loading timetable, especially for favourite transit stops.
- Fixed start and end location both being set to 'Current Location' when restarting app after a while.
- Fixed agenda issue of missing 'home' elements during the day when a day starts and ends elsewhere than at home
- Fixed issue where a notification would occasionally get sent for an outdated trip.
- Performance improvements on the results and a trip's "view times" screens
- Performance improvements on the agenda screen by updating less frequently
- Fixed issue where turn-by-turn navigation in external app would start navigating from a different location than the one selected in TripGo
- Fixed bug where real-time status is not shown as soon as it becomes available
- Fixed bug where Agenda doesn't update after changing vehicles and transport-related settings
- Fixed issue where no trips and no error would appear when TripGo doesn't have permission to access your location and you're opening TripGo via Apple Maps for a trip from the current location to somewhere
- Fixed issues with iCloud sync including favourite locations getting lost and home/work favourites reverting to their default names after renaming them.
Really useful app for getting around Sydney and the live feed is great for seeing exactly how long the bus will be. The only downfall is that it doesn't account for public holiday times this needs to be updated.
New update rly good
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 29 June 2015
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 20.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: SkedGo Pty Ltd
- © 2015 SkedGo Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.