TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
Additional features in the full version of TripView:
- Save your trips
- No advertisements
- Organise trips into folders
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email email@example.com with details. No guarantees are made about real-time data availability. If the transit operator doesn't provide real-time data for a particular service, TripView will revert to showing the scheduled time, as per the timetable.
- There's a new 'Manage Timetables' link at the bottom of the New Trip page. This allows you to enable/disable timetables as required. Disabling timetables will reduce the size of timetable updates.
- Added Sydney School Buses as an optional timetable. It's disabled by default because it's quite large, but you can enable it on the Manage Timetables page.
- The rail network map has been updated to reflect the ECRL closure.
- If the source and destination stops for a trip are both in the same suburb, the street names will now be shown in the trip list, instead of showing the same suburb name twice.
- Fixed overlapping text on the time listing page, when the device was configured to use very large font sizes.
- Fixed error in height calculation of cells in the stop selection list
- Search bar is no longer dismissed when you select an item, so you can go back and look at your search results
- Keyboard now defaults to numeric when searching for routes
- Tooltips will now only be shown once (no need to acknowledge by tapping on them)
- A few other minor bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great but some bugs
Great app, gets me to my bus on time but one problem; some buses don’t have real-time data. I don’t know why this is but some buses don’t get real-time updates even though I know that they are coming, one of my buses which I catch everyday never has any real-time data and is constantly late but I never know how late it is. I would love to see this get fixed but other than that it’s a great app and definitely recommend it to anyone commuting around Sydney.
Thanks for the feedback. Normally if a particular bus has no real-time data, it's because the bus itself is not providing any. If you could let me know the time of the bus and the stop that you're travelling from, I can pass your feedback along to Transport for NSW, so they can investigate.
Good app but real-time bus updates could be better
This is a great app but the real-time updates can be delayed for Sydney buses. Quite a few times of gotten to the bus stop 2-3 mins before the estimated arrival of the bus based on what is indicated on Trip View Lite only to find that it has been and gone. I've now learnt to get to the stop at least 5 mins beforehand. I have seen that this happens with the paid version of the app too. This may be a problem with GPS info being sent from the bus rather than a Trip View issue.
So for buses, this app is alright, but for trains it is absolutely horrible. You’re better off using the digital boards at the actual station for more accurate train times. This app made me decide not to get on a train because it displayed that the next train would get me to my destination faster. However, when the next train did come, it was one that stopped at every stop before my destination and I had to take it otherwise I would have been late to uni!! And the app said that the next train would stop at less stops than the previous train! Poor performance and reliability from this app 😡
Sorry to hear about that. The real-time train data is provided by Sydney Trains, and there are no known issues (it’s normally very accurate). If you do notice a problem, please report it with details and we can follow it up.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.