By TripView Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TripView displays Sydney Train/Bus/Ferry/Light Rail timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map for trains and certain bus operators
- Download timetable updates from within the app
- Scrolling CityRail "platform indicator" display
- Trackwork / service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Platform numbers for train trips
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
NOTE: Apart from real-time data, all timetables are offline. Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email email@example.com with details, and it will be fixed in the next release.
- All trains on the plasma display are currently shown as "8 Cars" and "Limited Stops"
- Note that not all bus trips are reversible, because the stop names in the opposite direction are sometimes different.
What's New in Version 4.3
Added support for Apple Watch:
- The watch app shows you the next 5 times for any of your saved trips, along with platform details, etc.
- The glance screen shows you the next 3 times for your closest trip.
- The Watch Settings screen in the iPhone app allows you to configure a subset of your trips to display on the watch. You can optionally sort trips by distance, and auto-reverse them based on your location.
Takes the guess work out of travel
Apple Watch support—I am absolutely floored by the ongoing support from this developer! I've travelled extensively and I don't think there is another transport app anywhere in the world with a better interface than this (and on the world's most complicated metropolitan public transport network no less). This app takes a lot of annoyance out of taking public transport, has helped me find quicker routes and generally saved me from waiting around on platforms.
Works Great, Easy to use
This app is the best app in the App Store for travelling around Sydney. It is easy and simple to use and shows lots of real time information such as delays, track work and news. You can create many different routes on all four modes of transport. This app shows when your transport is about to arrive and the real time location. Overall this app is fantastic for all people who commute in Sydney!
Amazing app, amazing support!
Not only is this app the best in it's class, but the developer is always open to suggestions and I have never had an email unanswered.
I wrote to him with a suggested improvement to the Watch App and I got an answer within 10 mins. Impressive.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 26 March 2015
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: TripView Pty Ltd
- © 2008 - 2015 TripView Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.