TripView - Sydney & Melbourne
By TripView Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email email@example.com with details.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.7.2
- Fixed a bug where editing reverse stop names immediately after reversing a trip caused trips in folders to move to the top level.
- Fixed a bug where Arlington, Abbotsford, and Aberdeen trips were incorrectly displayed as 'All Destinations'.
Fake Real Time Data
Trip view displays timetable data well and accurately. Trip view however fails to correctly display real time data, and it’s IN FAVOUR OF TRANSPORT NSW. All the Transport NSW based apps show the same data. We will not be shown the agreement they have with Transport NSW. Trip view has never explained these discrepancies. This is their right of course. Draw your own conclusions, but unless everything is EXACTLY AS PER TIMETABLE THE REAL TIME DATA IS WRONG.
A bit lacking
Could do with satellite maps for busses and location so you can quickly tell how far you are from the closest bus stop easier, as well as alerts when an upcoming bus or train on your route is approaching and tracks you while you're on it and sends notifications when your stop is coming up. Not necessarily needed but would make it easier when you're too tired to constantly check what stop you're at and possibly miss it
The only useful 'glance' I've found
This is a fast, focused, well designed app. I use it to catch the Manly Ferry to and fro when I need to get to the city.
Unlike the phone app, it uses my location and quickly shows me just what I need to know: how long until the next ferry in the direction I'm going.
#Protip: Make it your only glance. It's the perfect use case for it
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 14 September 2015
- Version: 4.7.2
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: TripView Pty Ltd
- © 2008 - 2015 TripView Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.