TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email email@example.com with details. No guarantees are made about real-time data availability. If the transit operator doesn't provide real-time data for a particular service, TripView will revert to showing the scheduled time, as per the timetable.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- There's a new 'Manage Timetables' link at the bottom of the New Trip page. This allows you to enable/disable timetables as required. Disabling timetables will reduce the size of timetable updates.
- Added Sydney School Buses as an optional timetable. It's disabled by default because it's quite large, but you can enable it on the Manage Timetables page.
- The rail network map has been updated to reflect the ECRL closure.
- If the source and destination stops for a trip are both in the same suburb, the street names will now be shown in the trip list, instead of showing the same suburb name twice.
- Fixed overlapping text on the time listing page, when the device was configured to use very large font sizes.
- Fixed error in height calculation of cells in the stop selection list
- Search bar is no longer dismissed when you select an item, so you can go back and look at your search results
- Keyboard now defaults to numeric when searching for routes
- Tooltips will now only be shown once (no need to acknowledge by tapping on them)
- A few other minor bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
Stay across the latest times, trackwork and service interruptions.
Convenient most of the time
My only complaint is that some busses show up as “arriving in n minutes” but said bus drives past as a “not in service bus” then it is displayed as “arrived n minutes ago” on the app once it passes me. Service updates and whatnot DO NOT warn me of this. Missing a bus that only has indications of arriving can be ridiculously annoying if i’m trying to get somewhere in time and busses don’t come frequently. I frequently take one bus after the other, so if i miss the intended bus then i miss the second one, it can set me back 20+ minutes. Plus you have to be the idiot that risks sticking their arm up to signal a bus that says “not in service” and watch it speed past you. If you download this app, definitely account for this error, and take an earlier bus (it happens to me about once every ten trips.)
The upside: I use this app almost every day and it is worth paying to use the full version so that I don’t need to search up the route every time i want to check bus/train times. In the lite version, you need to search your initial and arrival destination every single time you leave the app. The full version is great if you’re taking the bus because you can check in on the arrival time update (which definitely fluctuates a lot.) The app is generally correct about bus arrival give or take 1-2 minutes, and updates the arrival time frequently.
Thanks for the feedback. The real-time data provided by Transport for NSW doesn't have a concept of "not in service". I'd expect that bus drivers should be signing out of the Opal system if their bus is not in service, so that the bus stops providing real-time data. When you saw an out of "not in service" bus go past, did it have real-time data available?
New version has an awful bug
Regretting updating to the latest version - previously this was so reliable and showed each bus as it passed my stop, with an indicator of whether it was late or early. Now it's showing them in my trip list as the time they're SCHEDULED to hit my stop, but without indicating whether they have or not - meaning that I have to click into that bus to see where it's tracking in real time. As Sydney buses are notoriously unreliable, you can see where this is headed. Of the five buses "next in line" on my timetable, four have actually already passed and are three stops up the road. Makes using the app very frustrating, and I would love if it reverted to the previous style, when real time tracking determined the order in which buses appeared. (Formerly I would have given this five stars, it's actually the one app I recommend to everyone, as it's been indispensable these past 4 years. This new "functionality", if that's what it is, has turned what I considered an exceptional app into a very average one, no better than the fixed timetables at each stop; basically, I'm turning up and hoping for the best.)
Hi, thanks for reporting this. We haven’t made any recent changes in this area, and it’s certainly not intentional. We’re not seeing this behavior here, but we’d like to get to the bottom of it. Could you send through some screenshots illustrating the problem?
- TripView Pty Ltd
- 23.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2008 - 2018 TripView Pty Ltd
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.