TripView - Sydney & Melbourne
By TripView Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.7.1
- Most bus trips are now reversible. The first time you reverse a bus trip, TripView will find nearby stops in the opposite direction. It will show you a notification and give you a chance to edit the stops in case you prefer to use different ones. The stops in each direction can be edited independently.
- When creating bus trips for Sydney Buses, bus stop numbers are now shown in both the list and map view. You can also search by bus stop number.
- When creating a bus trip 'By Stop', you can now select your bus stop 'By Name' and 'By Distance', the same way you can for trains. It's also possible to do a global search for bus stops by number in this list.
- When creating a bus trip 'By Stop' or 'By Route', you can now select 'All Destinations' as your destination stop. This will show all buses from your source stop.
- When creating a bus trip 'By Stop' using the map, it now defaults to showing your current location, and remembers your preference for this.
- Fixed a bug where databases could be deleted during timetable updates if the device was low on storage space.
New All Designations Function for Buses is Great
I would pay $10 or more for this app well worth it.
After selecting a bus stop you no longer need to select a destination just select ‘All Destinations’ from the ‘By Name’ tab. This makes trip look exactly the same as the paper timetable at the bus stop so you can see the best bus for all your trips. You no longer have to create multiple trips for different bus stopping patterns. You can also make a trip that shows multiple bus stops at major interchanges - 'Carrington St Wynyard' to 'All Destinations' will show all buses departing from Stands A-H so you can decide to catch the 180 service or wait for the L90 a minute away.
Also now able to reverse most bus trips and edit return stops better than having to create separate trip for return journey.
Can now search by bus stop number
If you are not convinced download the free app and try it, keep it on your phone just in case you get stuck late at night and need to get home.
Great for public holidays because it automatically knows which timetable to use.
This developer is fantastic, continuously updating the App, making it easier for everybody, better than trying to read the "paper time table" on the side of the road.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 01 September 2015
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: TripView Pty Ltd
- © 2008 - 2015 TripView Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.