TripView - Sydney & Melbourne
By TripView Pty Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details. No guarantees are made about real-time data availability. If the transit operator doesn't provide real-time data for a particular service, TripView will revert to showing the scheduled time, as per the timetable.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.3.1
- Minor corrections to the Sydney Trains rail network map
- 1 minute connections at Glenfield are now allowed by default
Still the best app on the App Store
Been using this app for over five years now and it's without a doubt the most useful and necessary app you'd ever need.
Works super well in Newcastle and Sydney, and I'm stoked to see Melbourne added too.
Worth every cent.
Met the creators mum years ago too, she was nice. You've created something Australians really shouldn't live without.
3D Touch shortcuts missing from app
As an iPhone user, I think the key element missing from the app is 3D Touch shortcuts. For example, pressing a little harder on next arriving bus time can show a little preview of bus tracking. Also on home screen, 3D touching on TripView app icon could show shortcuts to saved trip & by pressing on it, it can take straight to the trip rather than opening the app & then selecting the trip.
Great but limited
Great Planning app for new to Sydney but would be great for us know all’s to be able to combine routes just to see next bus in one search when bus routes leave from different stops and again stop at different stop near where you need.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 04 December 2017
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: TripView Pty Ltd
- © 2008 - 2017 TripView Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.