TripView - Sydney & Melbourne
By TripView Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.4
TripView now includes Melbourne timetable data. You can change your region to Melbourne on the Tools page. There is no real-time data available for Melbourne yet, so all times are based on the published timetables.
- Moved the 'Connection Times' option to the Edit Trip/Confirm Trip screen
- You can now set a default minimum connection time, which will apply to trips with automatic routing
- Added a Cancel button to the Edit Trip screen
- Fixed a crash in the watch app that happened sometimes when tapping on the glance
- Reorganised the watch detail screen to make more room for platform numbers
- Various voiceover improvements
- TripView now requires iOS7 or higher
Priceless! Useful for everyone.
Thank you for adding Melbourne!!!! I've just move from Sydney to Melbourne and have hated the lack of decent transport apps. I actually wished you had an app for Melbourne. Can't wait for realtime support. You are a star. Hope you have a mad rich house from this
Not many apps can compete with the quality of this one.
This provides up to date timetables, as well as service interruptions which update automatically. Being able to open the app and know how the rail/bus/ferry network is behaving is unbelievably useful.
The app also provides the ability to set alarms for services based on time, or distance of the vehicle, which is useful in estimating when to leave for the station, or wharf, or bus stop.
The application can also construct a text message detailing when and where you will be arriving by simply tapping your service and then the export button. This is the best way to text the person giving you a lift when on the go, only takes a few taps.
This App offers so much more than just accurate timetables on ALL of the Sydney Transport Network, it's is an amazing utility. Even if you don't catch public transport, it is still worth at least getting the free version, because you just never know when you may need to catch a bus. And it doesn't matter where you are, TripView provides an interactive map of your nearest useful stop!
The app is worth much much more than what you will pay for it, it's a real steal!
Commuters Best Friend
Used the Lite version for awhile a loved how easy it was to use straight away and faster to look up times than looking it up in the PDF of the city rail timetable I had in iBooks. Decided to buy the full version so I could save the trips but then found all the extra handy features and it's been worth every cent!
Amazingly Useful - new version adds more Awesome
The city is so congested these days bus timetables are of little use.
Now you can see where the busses are, and even set an alarm to allow for your 5 mins to the bus stop.
Great user interface, fantastically practical functionality.
Set up favorite routes with ease.
Better than the others. I must have tried 3 or 4 other apps and trip view is head and shoulders above the rest.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 21 May 2015
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: TripView Pty Ltd
- © 2008 - 2015 TripView Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.