By TripView Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TripView displays Sydney Train/Bus/Ferry/Light Rail timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map for trains and certain bus operators
- Download timetable updates from within the app
- Scrolling CityRail "platform indicator" display
- Trackwork / service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Platform numbers for train trips
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
NOTE: Apart from real-time data, all timetables are offline. Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details, and it will be fixed in the next release.
- All trains on the plasma display are currently shown as "8 Cars" and "Limited Stops"
- Note that not all bus trips are reversible, because the stop names in the opposite direction are sometimes different.
What's New in Version 4.2.5
- Updated rail map to include the South West Rail Link.
Essential for daily commuters
I use this app every weekday to get to and from work using multiple modes of transport. Using this app, I can tell at a glance which bus and train combination will get me home or to work the quickest.
The app is meets my needs, is very responsible, and the UI is clean and polished. I haven't really detected any bugs while using it.
Kudos to the developer. Keep up the great work! :)
Buses are too exact
Buses run in all sorts of directions, crossing paths, going different directions, etc. This app is too specific. Google maps can tell me which bus is the fastest home from the train station to a reasonable distance from my house. With this I can only set a single start and end point for each trip. To get the same result as Google maps I have to have a number of saved trips and flick back and forth between them.
Real time updates are not real
Usually the app is convenient and would be worth 4 stars however I discovered today real time updates were 100% not real as during an outage on BM line trip view indicated services running around midday with updates showing progress of services which in reality were not running at all. Maybe city rail provides misleading info to trip view but whatever the truth the app cannot be relied on at all following this experience.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 06 February 2015
- Version: 4.2.5
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Language: En
- Seller: TripView Pty Ltd
- © 2008 - 2015 TripView Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.