TripView - Sydney & Melbourne
By TripView Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.2.2
- Added a workaround for an Apple Watch connectivity issue.
Connecting trains not an option to edit
It seems to pick the first train station to change at, rather than the quickest route. I frequently change at town hall t get to Wynyard, however it always tells me to swap at central or Redfern which is slower and more inconvenient. I can't change the trip option to go station>town hall>town hall>Wynyard like I would like to. Other than that small issue it is good. Could you incorporate the quickest route option like on trip planner?
Started out being very reliable but lately has become totally unreliable. Has no real time view or shows buses running very late (e.g. more than 30 minutes) then if you happen to check less than 5 minutes later it miraculously has them running on time, or you get no warning and they drive by early. Completely rubbish and leaves you worse off than if you didn't use the app (its purpose). The true cost is not the app price but stuffing your travel around! Fix it please!!!
Suggestion! But great app.
App is great already but I think it would be great if you implemented a notification system. Where if you pushed a certain bus on a specific route it would send you a push notification saying something like "506 coming in 2 minutes". I think it would be a good idea.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 16 January 2017
- Version: 5.2.2
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: TripView Pty Ltd
- © 2008 - 2016 TripView Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.