TripView - Sydney & Melbourne
By TripView Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 5.2.4
- Minor real-time data fix: If two stops were scheduled for exactly the same time but the bus was delayed in between them, the delay for the second stop was being incorrectly applied to both stops.
- Upgraded to Dropbox API version 2.
The ultimate welcome to Sydney app
One of those apps that makes you want to buy beers for the developers.
It's so well set out and really easy to use. The bus stop maps are clear and accurate, with each route shown in both directions. Timetable updates are badged so you can't miss them.
If you've ever tried to use the bustrainferry site... well, this is the opposite of that (sorry Lela, I didn't know).
But there is one annoying drawback: train delays are shown in real time, but instead of staying fixed for a given station, any further delay is added backwards (i.e. changes factual ). For example, for a western line train being on time at Wynyard, then being delayed 10 minutes at Parramatta the app will display a 10 minutes delay at all previous stations although the train was punctual until Parramatta.
Better alarms would be nice!
Yeah! This app is ok! I like the alarm function to remind me to leave to catch the bus! But, because I get the same buses to & from work every workday! I have to set the alarm for each of my morning & evening buses! If I 4get to set the alarm, I miss my bus! In future software updates, could we please have the option of setting to leave the alarm on permently! And we can also have mutiple alarms! That'll be SO AWESOME! Thank you heaps :-)
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 14 April 2017
- Version: 5.2.4
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: TripView Pty Ltd
- © 2008 - 2016 TripView Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.