TripView - Sydney & Melbourne
By TripView Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
- View times for any saved trip with a single tap
- Real-time delay information and vehicle map (Sydney only, subject to data availability)
- Trackwork and service interruption information
- Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
- Alarms (arrival/departure, time/distance)
- Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
- View your favourite trips on Apple Watch
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
- Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
- Sydney and Newcastle Buses
- Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
- Sydney Ferries
- Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
Alarms require iOS4 and a device that is capable of multitasking. Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.9.1
- When selecting your destination stop, you can now select 'All Destinations' for train, ferry, and light rail trips. Previously this option was only available for bus trips. It can be useful if you just want to see all services departing from your stop, and don't care about arrival times.
This is just like most government PT apps. Virtually completely useless. Want to chose a bus stop near you and another somewhere else? You can't. You have to already know which route numbers travel in an area and then scroll a list of hundreds of routes before you can even see the stops. Further, it can't do multi-route or multi-mode guidance meaning you have to potentially repeat this process several times to get where you want. In other words, it's only useful if you have already an intimate familiarity with the routes and options available and only want time tabling information and even then it's a chore to use. It's beyond useless for anyone that, you know, mightn't learn hundreds of bus routes off by heart. This is a classic example of how most PT apps just don't get it.
Thankfully, Apple maps with PT has come to the rescue offering quick and easy map-based selection, multi-route and multi-mode routing in Sydney at least.
Trip View just give up already in Sydney. You tried and you failed. I really hope Melbourne gets Apple Maps PT soon.
I use it everyday, very helpful
A couple of notes:
1- When connecting between trains, it should select station with minimum platform change, for example, Penrith to Liverpool, it set the change at Blacktown, with very far platforms and need checkout and checkin and few minutes change, while it requires no change at all if Westmead is select, it could save you time by picking earlier train
2- It would be useful to add (my train) feature, where you select the trip you are taking so you can check it later easily, this selection can expire when the time of the trips laps or other criteria
Travel made easy
As a non- driver, I use this app almost daily. It's one of the most useful apps on my iPhone and iPad. I can access information and download new trips off-line, I can sort journeys how I wish - alphabetical, in order of most frequently used or whatever; just use the edit feature and the lines icon on the right of the list. No need to know which bus routes if you're adding a new trip; use the 'by suburb' option, it's very user friendly.
It's also great having information on timetable changes, delays etc updated as soon as you open the app. Worth every cent that I paid
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 18 February 2016
- Version: 4.9.1
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: TripView Pty Ltd
- © 2008 - 2016 TripView Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.