With TruLink and the Made for iPhone hearing aid, people with hearing loss can go anywhere and do everything more conveniently than ever before. That’s because TruLink seamlessly connects your hearing aids to your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch® — so you can easily stream phone calls, music, FaceTime®, videos and more directly to your ears with pristine sound quality.
TruLink works with Made for iPhone hearing aids from Starkey, Audibel, NuEar, MicroTech and AGX Hearing. These hearing aids must be purchased from a hearing care professional. Please go to trulinkhearing.com to locate a professional near you.
• Enables carefree communication using your iPhone
• Delivers superior sound and pristine audio streaming of any music or media played through your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
• Lets you personalize and geo-tag memories to match what you do and where you go
• Can change memories automatically based on personalized geo-tags (e.g. Coffee Shop memory kicks in when you walk into a Coffee Shop)
• Adapts automatically when you travel in a car*
• Allows you to record, play back and email live sound sources
• Allows Siri® to read emails and texts to you thru your hearing aids
• Lets you control your hearing aid volume and memories via your iPhone
• Find a lost or misplaced hearing aid
*Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good but room for improvement
A good app that allows the user a great deal if freedom to tailor the audio settings of the hearing aid (in my case, a Starkey Halo). Love the Bluetooth streaming of audio from my iPhone, especially phone conversations and also GPS directions on Google Maps. However, a major deficiency is the lack of Bluetooth streaming of phone rings and text alerts. This would be such a logical extension of the app and profoundly enhance it's usefulness. Hope this can b accommodated in an update soon.
Alerts not working for Iphone 6S+
Have tried desperately to set up Iphone 6S+ for the new Alerts for SMS/Emails etc to no avail. The option to do so within Notifications is not available. I know it works for Iphone 5S. App needs a fix that's compatible for this app to work for Iphone 6S+ so I can use this service that I've been waiting for.
A step in the right direction
It’s great to have some control over hearing aids from an iPhone, but more control would be better. As an audio engineer, I find the bass/treble “SoundSpace” adjustment primitive and would prefer some advanced adjustment of equalisation, compression and noise reduction.
The geotagging has a bug: I have set up a preset for TV viewing at home and have “auto change” switched OFF, but it automatically switches over anyway, every time I return home.
Also, SoundSpace will not allow more than one preset per location.
All in all a step in the right direction, but needs to go further.
- Starkey Laboratories, Inc.
- 242.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Starkey Laboratories, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.