Typing Tournament v2
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
A fully featured typing tutor that teaches typing for life. Ages 5 - Adult
Suitable for all typists including absolute beginners, “Let’s Try Again” typists and “Need a Refresher” typists. Get started straight out of the box, or take advantage of the powerful diagnostic and reporting capabilities to zero in on your child’s learning needs.
A fantastic typing adventure awaits you! Complete the quest and prove yourself worthy of challenging the Dark Typist! Collect rewards and tokens as you journey through 16 medieval environments, from the Dragon’s Cave to the Throne Room. Each location presents four new keys with a lesson, demonstration, practice drills, three action-packed typing games and a progress test. Only you can rid the land of the Dark Typist’s tyranny!
• Simple instructions
• Only four new keys per lesson
• Animations show correct finger positions
• Interesting texts boost motivation
Typing Tournament is divided into 16 lessons each with multiple drills, games and a progress test across three maps. Upon successfully completing each lesson, players progress to the next medieval location and receive a printable certificate of achievement to applaud their chivalry! The drills, games and tests all use meaningful, informative and entertaining texts that are specifically linked to each lesson’s focus keys!
• Covers all letters of the alphabet, basic punctuation and numbers
• Reinforces keyboard familiarity with the unique Multiple Progressions Model
• Practise home row key paths, vertical key paths and common letter combinations.
• Introduces four new keys in each lesson with simple, step-by-step instructions
• Preview and choose an overall words-per-minute typing target
• Change your speed target if things are too easy or they get too tricky
• Test yourself to determine your starting level without wasting time relearning skills you have
• Promotes good posture and typing habits with an introductory lesson
• Boosts motivation with meaningful, informative and entertaining texts to type
MULTIPLE PROGRESSIONS MODEL
Typing Tournament reinforces keyboard familiarity and strengthens muscle memory with the Multiple Progressions Model, a unique model for teaching typing specially designed to break the negative learning cycle and give users maximum flexibility in establishing and reaching their typing goals. This enables players to continually improve as complexity increases.
• Powerful administration and user-management features that can track up to 10 users
• Display, export and print detailed user statistics
• Motivational mystery! Complete the challenge and face off against The Dark Typist?
• Colour-coded keyboard, animated demonstrations of correct finger placement
• Designed for maximum reinforcement of muscle memory and finger movement patterns
• Powerful administrative tools allow you to manage users and print results
• Includes extensive record keeping to monitor progress, including overall speed and accuracy
• Displays mastered and ‘in-progress’ keys so that players can concentrate on weaknesses
• Customise user profiles with a huge range of cool user icons
• Simple, kid-friendly animated interface that enhances self-directed learning
• BESSIE Awards – Best Typing Software
• EDDIE Awards – Best Typing Software
• National Parenting Center – Seal of Approval
• ATOM Awards – Best Training Resource
**We have had an isolated report of Typing Tournament v2 not running on a 13" MacBook Pro Mid 2009 Model. If experience this problem please email firstname.lastname@example.org **
What's New in Version 2.0.9
- Minor bug fixes
- Updated the core version to Adobe Director 220.127.116.119
Very poor implementation - for me, a total waste of money
I couldn’t believe how poorly presented this program was! I don’t think I’ve seen anything like it for poor presentation in literally decades. I hated this app so much and in so many ways, I didn’t even bother to try to use it. Where do I start to describe it so you will understand what I mean?
The author has made absolutely no attempt to make it a Mac program, or in fact any program of the modern era!
It takes over the whole screen. Gone are the Dock, the Menu Bar and its ability to set Preferences. Gone is the whole concept of a Window and the ability to have another program open on the screen at the same time. It feels unbelievably primitive.
To make things worse, whilst it takes over the whole screen, it only uses part of it because it is some primitive low resolution format. The rest of the screen around it is just black.
With all these limitations, you would think it would be lightning quick, but no - it is the slowest program I have, and I am using a fast computer with 16Gb RAM running a Solid State Drive. This app is an almost a universal anachronism - its inability to run in a window, smacks of the early 80’s while the world was still using MS-DOS, but its graphics perhaps come from sometime in the 90’s. Wherever it belongs in the history of programming, it most definitely does not belong in this century.
For me - absolutely the worst waste of money.
Does what it promises and it is fun!
I tried a number of different apps. and while one could say this is geared for kids I, as an adult, quite enjoy it, since it makes learning to type faster fun and that is the whole reason I bought it. One can see the progress and adjust typing targets and still has fun learning, while the app also provides proper instructions on what fingers to use. It also incrementally builds up the typing skills, starting with meaningful combinations of letters, i.e. ASDF and space and then later on adding groups of other keys.
Cumbersome, slow and difficult to navigate. Don’t waste your money Mac Users!
I am so disappointed with this app. Afte reading some positive reviews, I shelled out the $25(Aussie) to try to set this up for the kids. Cannot access parental controls and the whole app is disgracefully old fashioned. It is like putting in a CD-Rom from 1990 and waiting for it to boot up. It is clumsy and difficult to navigate and freezes the MacBook up when trying to exit. Mac users have come to expect much more and this is simply not suited to Mac and should not be sold as being suitable for such. Will delete it and find an alternative that is better suited and doesnt drag me backward in time!
Learn from my mistake and don’t waste your pennies on this one. It was probably ok when it was a CD-Rom but pathetic as an iTunes app.
- Category: Education
- Updated: 28 February 2012
- Version: 2.0.9
- Size: 102 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: EdAlive
- © 2009 Pathold No 167 Pty Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later