By Takeshi Ogihara
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Typist is a typing tutor, which helps you in learning touch typing.
If you have never taken any lessons in typing before, please be patient.
Typing is not difficult but it does take a lot of practice. Avoid the tendency to look down at your fingers while typing. This is a very bad habit and is hard to break later.
If you have always used the hunt-and-peck method, you will have an even harder time keeping yourself from looking. Don't be surprised if you find touch typing slower than your old ways. It may be slower when you first start. But, touch typing is far faster once you get the hang of it.
Select a course, and exercise!!
What's New in Version 2.4.0
The size of window can be changed.
The progress of exercises can be recorded in iCloud.
As your exercises proceed, a "stamp" can be displayed optionally. There is a stamp for children.
You can set up typist so that a favorite picture may be displayed after exercises are completed.
It’s okay, but improvements needed.
You can’t backspace - that’s crucial to keyboard learning. Once you get a letter wrong, you have to start all over again.
there’s no exit button? there’s only the maximize button, no minimize or red.
This is a very good app, great for the beginner. It’s also very good for older people that want to learn, it’s simple and easy to follow.
At the start of May 2015, I started practicing everyday, many days up to 10 hours a day. I am determinded to as good as I can.
I’m halfway through the course for a fifth time.
* It’s free! Bonus.
* Focus on not making any mistakes, this will be very beneficial in the long run.
* Some reviews have claimed that there is no backspace option. This is not true. There are lessons where you have the option of using delete/backspace. I don’t use it as I don’t want to make mistakes in the first place, you'll be a better typist for it.
* Don’t worry about speed, it will improve as you practice and type without errors.
* When you make mistakes, the sound it makes is not annoying like some courses I’ve tried. You'll appreciated it.
* Don’t just do a paragraph once. Do it over and over, even if you’ve made no errors. This will be beneficial in the long run.
* Stick at it, as touch typing is a quality skill to possess. There will be days you won’t want to practice or you are having a bad practice session. These are the best days to keep at it.
* One review claims that they have to double space after every word. Well, if you go to typist preferences ( I have a MacBook Pro ) you can choose one or two spacings.
* Focus on staying relaxed. It helps a lot.
* Don’t negelct the numbers and symbols lessons. Put effort into numbers and symbols and you will reap the rewards.
* Don’t make mistakes..
* Pratice makes perfect.