Uber is a ridesharing app for fast, reliable rides in minutes – day or night. There’s no need to park or wait for a taxi or bus. With Uber, you just tap to request a ride, and it’s easy to pay with credit card or cash (in selected cities only).
Whether you’re going to the airport or across town, there’s an Uber for every occasion. Uber is available in more than 500 cities worldwide – download the app and take your first trip today.
Requesting your Uber is easy – here’s how it works:
- Just open the app and tell us where you want to go.
- The app uses your location so your driver knows where to pick you up.
- You’ll see your driver’s picture and vehicle details, and can track their arrival on the map.
- Payment can be made by credit card, cash (in selected cities only), Apple Pay, PayPal and more.
- After the ride, you can rate your driver and provide feedback to help us improve the Uber experience. You’ll also get a receipt by email.
Need a simple way to get from A to B quickly? Take uberX, our most affordable option for individual travel.
Want to save money on your ride? Take uberPOOL – you’ll travel with other riders heading in the same direction, and enjoy a lower fare.
Want a more exclusive experience? Take a high-end vehicle with UberBLACK. And there are even more options – whether you’re travelling with a big group or need a vehicle with accessibility features.
See if Uber is available in your city at https://www.uber.com/cities
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/uber
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uber
Got a question? Visit uber.com/help.
Note: continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
We update the Uber app as often as possible to make it faster and more reliable for you. Here are a couple of the enhancements you'll find in the latest update:
- A brand new logo! Check it out in our new icon and splash screen
- Improvements to the rider experience
- Refined user interface
Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback keeps the Uber engine running.
Have a question? Tap Help in the Uber app or visit help.uber.com.
Ratings and Reviews
When we need to get somewhere quickly and cheaply, this popular ride-sharing app motors to our rescue. We appreciate the variety in our vehicle choices—from budget-friendly carpools to swanky SUVs—as much as we love knowing when our ride is arriving and exactly how much it’ll cost. Heck, now we even use it as a verb: “We’re going to Uber to your place. Be right there!”
* I put in a street address and drivers often arrive on the other side of the street and turn on the meter with no intention to arrive at the pickup address. (That’s ok unless you are on a busy main road)
* I choose an address on Brunswick st but then the driver decides the pickup is the entry on a side street because your tracking system shows the street address unit entry is on a side street. If I plug in an address that is where I would like to be picked up from (not the side street)
* Twice I’ve ordered a Uber in the city at 380 Queen st which has a loading area... the driver drops off another rider on eagle street then doesn’t pick me up on queen street, I call and they say they are coming .... but what they do on their end is probably say I’m a no-show or another issue which results in cancelling the trip which I get a cancellation fee for. I am courteous to the driver and I certainly never yell. My Uber app locks up so I can’t use it so whatever they are doing locks me out. I’m there without a way home and a locked app.
Hi there, this certainly sounds like a frustrating experience. We want to take a closer look into this for you. Please send a quick note to t.uber.com/contact so we can connect.
I don’t like how I planned on going to work and I tried to get an Uber but my card declined but I had money in it , it was honestly so stressful needing transport ASAP to get to work on time but there was some problem with my card apparently. The problem was so terrible that it wouldn’t let me get a ride , I tried contacting Uber support on facebook and they couldn’t fix it either . Firstly I tried logging into my Uber account by putting in my number and it said my account was disabled, I couldn’t log into my account so I decided to log into my friends accounts and add a payment method of my card and tried to get a ride and some issue came up saying “ oops, something went wrong. VISA-1234: Your payment method is invalid, please update your billing settings”. This was the time when I needed Uber urgently and it wouldn’t work . I even added my friend’s card to my account to see if that payment method would work and still, the same issue came up saying “oops something went wrong”. Like I really needed to use Uber and it wouldn’t work it was so stressful I literally lost a 10 hour shift tonight because Uber wasn’t working for me. Anyways I need my account to work because I love Uber and my past trips were always on time and quick so I would really love for the staff to fix this problem immediately so that I can happily use Uber whenever I need quick transport, thanks from Sarah.
Hi, this certainly sounds like a frustrating experience. We understand how difficult this may have been for you andwish to make this better. Let's make sure we follow up with you regarding this issue. We would appreciate it if you could send out a description of this with details at t.uber.com/contact and we will take it up from there.
- Uber Technologies, Inc.
- 335.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Uber Technologies Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.