UP - Tracker Required (UP/UP24/UP MOVE)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
There is a better version of you out there. Get UP and find it.
REQUIRES UP, UP24 or UP MOVE TRACKER. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH UP3 TRACKER. USING A SINGLE UP ACCOUNT LOGIN WILL ENSURE THAT ALL OF YOUR DATA IS SYNCED, EVEN IF YOU USE MULTIPLE UP TRACKERS.
UP® is a revolutionary system that guides you every step of the way to a better, healthier you. First, UP gets to know you—tracking your activity, diet and sleep. Next, it shows you how to make simple adjustments that, over time, add up to a whole new you.
Only the UP® system has Smart Coach. It’s like a partner in fitness—an intelligent guide that helps guide you to healthier choices each and every day. Smart Coach goes well beyond delivering measurements to show you the meaning behind the numbers.
Understand Your Diet, Sleep and Activity
Improve the quality of your days and nights through a deeper understanding of how your diet, sleep, activity and the choices you make affect your health and well-being.
Family and Friends
Get better together. When UP® community members have three or more friends on their team, they move at least 10 extra miles a month. That’s a lot of calories burned.
Connected Apps & Hardware
Sync the UP® App with hundreds of apps and devices to expand and personalize your experience and make UP work even harder for you.
Connect with Apple Health
Connect UP® to Apple’s Health to share your step and sleep data between UP® and Apple Health. Navigate to the left menu settings to turn on reading and writing of steps and sleep analysis.
- Smart Coach helps you understand what changes you should make and helps you move more everyday. When paired with UP Move, UP or UP24 fitness tracker, Smart Coach is even smarter. It uses everything it learns about your activity, sleep and food to give you deeper insights and more personalized tips to reach your goals faster.
- Set goals for steps per day and hours of sleep each night, along with a target weight.
- Log your food, drink, calories, nutrients and use the UP® App Food Score to quickly know if you are eating right so that you can reach or maintain your target weight.
- Sync the UP® App with hundreds of apps and devices to expand and personalize your experience and make UP work even harder for you.
- Add specific workouts and activity types from soccer to Zumba® to see your detailed caloric burn to get the full picture of your active life.
- Connect with your friends and family, whether they are using the UP® App with or without a tracker, so you can reach your goals together or see how you measure up on the team leaderboards.
- Smart Coach’s Today I Will feature motivates you when you need a push with personal challenges like staying hydrated or increasing your activity.
- Set an Idle Alert to increase your active time with customizable reminders at the wrist to make sure you’re moving throughout your day.
- Silently wakes you up at the optimal moment in your sleep cycle with Smart Alarm™ — so you wake up feeling refreshed.
- English, Spanish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
Optimized for iOS 8.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
- Smart Coach: Only the UP® system has Smart Coach. It’s like a partner in fitness—an intelligent guide that helps guide you to healthier choices each and every day. Smart Coach goes well beyond delivering measurements to show you the meaning behind the numbers.
- Team leaderboards: See how your steps over the past 7 days measure up against your teammates.
- Workout recovery: UP recognizes when you’re active in order to help you log workouts more easily.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
**Love UP? Let others know with a review on the App Store.**
Yes, but No
Before buying an activity tracker, I did a fair amount of research. I decided on the UP and now UP24 for aesthetic reasons. I had also received a fair bit of feedback from a couple of users in Australia that the accompanying app is far better than Fitbit Flex.
Since buying it:
1) Fitbit Flex has overtaken Australia in a storm of marketing. I am the only one amongst my friends who use UP - it won't persuade me to switch over though. I have to assume that Fitbit caters to the Aussie market more ?
2) More traditional exercises like the stair machine and rowing are not included - ironic given that Smart Coach has a tip that says that whilst the elliptical machine is trendy and now, the traditional machines burn up more calories!
3) The food tracker has become a bit of a mess and also caters to predominantly the American market. Basic uncooked portions seem to go missing. And the food tracker is probably by far one of the most important elements of the app!
4) I keep getting the message "Network Unavailable" - whilst the data is stored and appears later, my signals are strong. Why not make the "Network more available"?
Keep tweaking the app and including more exercises as well as improving the food database. Also, you really shouldn't allow Fitbit to run you out of the market. Main newspapers and reviews have rated UP by Jawbone as up there with Fitbit Flex if not better - I bought mine on clearance as two major retailers were clearing stock!!!
Not completely terrible, but disappointing none the less. I was hoping for accurate sleep tracking (with a bad sleeping 11month old), but even when I know for a fact I've been awake, it registers less, which is quite frustrating.
The stepping is good, though I had to do a soft reset yesterday as the steps stopped registering. And the food intake part isn't even worth attempting as apparently non-US food isn't recognised.
However I quite like the simplicity of the band, and when the steps work, they work quite well. I also like the day to day suggestions for motivation and goals. I just think the app and the gadget perhaps need some fine tuning.
Overall I love UP24, it tracks movement accurately, I can log my food intake, track my sleep, love the alarm clock feature etc. My only problem is that the device on my wrist would buzz to advise it is time to get ready for bed, even when I have already switched the device to sleep mode. On some occasions it has woken me up, which defeats the purpose of early bed time (and I do not like to play with the settings on my phone before bedtime, as I do not keep the phone in the bedroom).
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: 20 December 2014
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 95.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Aliphcom, Inc.
- © 2014 Aliph, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.