By Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*Update - Vic-Heritage wins Best Government App at 2013 AIMIA Awards!*
Vic-Heritage explores the histories of the most important and unusual places
in Melbourne and regional Victoria, Australia.
Spanning significant places from the 1840s to the present, the App captures
everything from Victorian to modern architecture; from houses to industrial
spaces; from mansions to bridges; from public toilets to trees and gardens.
- Search the 2,200 plus places on the Victorian Heritage Register
- For each place view images, details of the history and architecture of
the place, and any user-generated content people have added
- Discover the history around you with our ‘near me’ feature
- Search for places according to your interest – by location, architect,
style or type of place
- Add your story or image of a place and share the significance it has for
you with others
- Share your favourite places via social media, email and text message
- Create your own tours and share them on the App
- Browse, search and find ‘near me’ tours created by other users
- Explore four ‘Recommended’ walking tours created by Heritage
- An audio tour of St Kilda’s housing history narrated by Radio National’s Peter Mares
- An audio tour of award-winning contemporary adaptations of older industrial buildings in Melbourne’s CBD. Features interviews with four of Melbourne’s leading architects
- A tour of the CBD and Carlton Gardens, illustrating Victoria’s Framework of Historical Themes. Great for history teachers or anyone interested in uncovering the layers and themes of history in our built heritage
- A 20th century architecture tour of the CBD, stopping at some of our 20th century gems.
Add information, create and share tours
Share your stories
To add content, whether it's a story or photograph about a place you’d like to share:
* Go to the place record of the place, and press the 'Add content button' on the bottom of the place record.
* Then select whether you are adding a note or an image and follow the prompts from there.
Create a tour
Develop a tour and, if you wish, share it with everyone else:
* Go to a place you want to add, click the ‘Add to tour’ button at the bottom of the place record. This will bring up the 'My Tours' screen.
* You can add it to a tour which is already created (by clicking on the name of the tour) or make a new tour by pressing the plus (+) button on the top right hand corner of the 'My Tours' page. This brings up a text box for you to add the name for a new tour.
* Keep adding places to that tour, through the process described above.
* Once you have completed the tour, go to the 'My Tours' section, click on the tour you want to submit, press on the plus (+) button on the top right hand corner of the screen, and click 'Submit Tour'.
As new places get added to the Victorian Heritage Register, they’ll be added
to the app. And as we create new tours, they’ll also be added.
Note: Vic Heritage App returns a maximum of 50 results per search. Search
the Victorian Heritage Database for a full list of search results at: http://vhd.heritagecouncil.vic.gov.au
You can find the privacy statement for the app here: http://vhd.heritagecouncil.vic.gov.au/privacy
What's New in Version 1.4.0
Support for iPhone 5 and iOS 7
Great app. Glad the "heritage buildings near me" function has been fixed with latest update.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: 01 January 2014
- Version: 1.4.0
- Size: 12.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- © Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.