VU Radio - iPad edition
By IEIRISOFTWARE LAB.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
VU Radio (iPad edition) is a internet radio player that has two analog VU meters and JBL like speakers.
Two speakers flash synchronized to the music. It offers you a great fun.
If you find some good music, you can add the song title / artist name to favorite song list. You can send an e-mail the song title to your friend, or search its information on the web quickly.
"Packet Saver" feature that radio stops automatically if network connection turns from via WiFi to via carrier network connection. You can listen the internet radio only via WiFi network by setting. WiFi-only setting may avoid huge international roaming charge when your overseas vacation / business.
- Packet Saver feature (WiFi only setting) tap orange 3G button to toggle, or WiFi-only setting by iPad Settings Icon. "3G" means 3G/EDGE/GPRS.
- Disable Auto-Lock (by iPad global Settings Icon)
- Two analog VU meter
- Two JBL like speakers that flash synchronized to the music
- Bookmark Stations (custom URL available by tapping + button)
- Favorite song list (Search Station / Email / Search on the Web)
- Now Playing Title / Artist marquee. You can touch to start/stop marquee. Double tap to reset marquee.
- Radio Stations powered by free SHOUTcast(TM) Radio
What is SHOUTcast(TM) Radio?
The SHOUTcast(TM) Radio Directory is one of the largest directories of professionally and community programmed online radio stations in the world. Today SHOUTcast(TM) Radio features over 32,000 stations from around the globe. If you're into popular or indie music, or want to check out local or world programming, you're sure to find something you like on SHOUTcast(TM) Radio.
What's New in Version 1.91
-fixed: Some radio station could not be played.
VU Radio Faulty
For the past year or so, VU Radio, (which I love) does not display correctly on my iPad. It only covers 2/3 of the screen in landscape mode and goes beyond the screen in portrait mode. The iPhone version displays perfectly. As far as I can tell everything else works perfectly. My iPad is about 3 years old and is using the latest OS. Regards John Whelan.