By Tiger Style
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple's 2012 iPad Game of the Year Runner-Up!
Bring A Sleeping Planet Back To Life
Epic adventure, action gameplay, and unlimited discovery
"One of the most satisfying gaming experiences I've had on this platform." "Outstanding and revolutionary."
- TouchArcade, 5/5
25 Best iPad games - Time.com
“The most interesting story I've seen in an iPhone game”
"Superb controls; unique gameplay"
- Slide To Play, 4/4 "Must have"
"Thousands of video games ask you to take life, but very few ask you to create it."
- Paste Magazine, 9.1/10
Nominated - Best Mobile Game and Excellence in Audio, 2012 IGF
In 2097, life is discovered on Mars. When your mission of first contact becomes trapped by a cave-in, you must master the alien ecosystem to survive. With time running out, you will make a decision that determines the fate of a lost planet.
UNCOVER THE MYSTERIES OF ANCIENT MARS
- Explore an open-ended network of exotic caverns.
- Decode mysterious signals and discover long lost ruins.
- Survive an unearthly world of strange creatures and hazardous terrain.
CULTIVATE YOUR OWN ECOSYSTEM OF ALIEN LIFEFORMS
- Grow a vibrant, interconnected ecosystem of exotic plants and alien creatures.
- Learn the diet, habits, and vulnerabilities of each new lifeform you encounter.
- Cultivate one species to feed another, eliminate unwanted infestations, and research unique behaviors.
DESIGNED EXCLUSIVELY FOR iOS
- Intuitive touch screen controls
- Nearly two hours of critically acclaimed original music.
- Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
- Tweet Research Progress to your friends back on Earth!
- UNIVERSAL APP - play on your iPad, iPhone 3GS or higher, or iPod Touch 3rd Generation or higher.
If you like Waking Mars, you'll love
Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon: http://apple.co/1h7BRUJ
Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor for iPhone: http://apple.co/2bZXkSh
Spider Bryce Manor HD for the iPad: http://apple.co/2bIcYfu
Tiger Style is the award-winning studio behind Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor. We are a fully independent collective of designers, artists, and musicians dedicated to bringing original, high quality games to iOS.
What's New in Version 2.1
Thank you Waking Mars fans!!
- Waking Mars now supports Japanese!
- GameCenter achievement progress is updated every time the game starts.
- Player can no longer move when using sentient visualizer.
- Fixed Signal Chamber quest breakage.
Tiger Style have done it again!
I had high expectations for Waking Mars, which is the second game from these award-winning developers - and it didn't disappoint. It has a great story, it looks and sounds fantastic, the controls and game mechanics are innovative, and the overall experience is immersive and really quite addictive.
Conventional wisdom dictates that a game which is so focused on its plot should have limited replay value. But the storyline of Waking Mars is not rigid: it changes slightly if you choose a different route through the caves, which allows the player to experiment with different sequences of events. I have also found that aiming for the highest possible biomass score is surprisingly good fun.
I always turn off the character voices because I find them distracting, and the links to Twitter are a needless installation - but otherwise, I can find no faults with Waking Mars. I hope to see more great titles from Tiger Style Games.
I wasn't quite sure about the game at first but very quickly it captured me and I was hooked. Excellent game!
Love this game! Original and fascinating. Please add more levels and update for iPhone 6.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 20 November 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 331 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Tiger Style Games
- © 2012 Tiger Style
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.