We Eat Local combines the fun of a cheeky social competition with the goodness of locally sourced, ethical food. This app leads you to where you can eat it - and then shows you exactly where it was grown or made.
THE MOST AUTHENTIC PLACES IN TOWN
Uncover real paddock to plate deliciousness at some of Victoria's best local restaurants. See exactly where your food has come from: use the app to find out who grew your food, and see why everyone is talking about them. Taste real food prepared beautifully and with love, using locally sourced ingredients.
FOOD WITH BENEFITS
You can earn nice surprises just by checking in, reviewing or rating eateries you visit. Each month, using the app puts you straight onto the leaderboard and into the running for sought-after freebies.
• Tasty treats - Share in monthly rewards that you can put straight into your mouth. Who doesn't love the thought of that?
• Show off a bit – Out-score your friends and show off your local foodie smarts by reviewing places that go the extra mile to do the right thing.
• Get that warm gooey feeling – Knowing that every time you eat at a place on the app, you're helping local farmers and traditional artisans and their families to push back a bit against the big food giants.
BRING A FRIEND
Eating is a social thing, so share that deconstructed raw chia bowl with a friend or invite someone new to the app to earn you both extra points. (Hey, if you win an avocado, you could put it down as a deposit on a house!)
ADD YOUR OWN FAVOURITES
We're always looking for more gorgeous local food places to eat at, so we've included a way for you to tell us about new spots that you reckon we should add. If they're sourcing their ingredients from farmers and artisans on the city fringes, or farther afield (within a long walk or a short drive), we'd love to hear about them, and so would loads of other We Eat Local app users. You could become famous. No, seriously, it has happened to other people before.
ABSOLUTELY NO IN-APP PURCHASES AND NO ANNOYING ADS
The app is free to download and use. And we hate those annoying popup ads as much as anyone. Breathe.
FOR EATERIES, FARMERS AND ARTISANS
• Showcase your commitment to local food to people who really want to find you. 7 in 10 Australians want to know where their food comes from: now you can give them the answer they've been looking for.
• Offer rewards to loyal customers or use tasty treats to attract new ones. (But not in a creepy way, ok?)
• Yes, there are free and paid versions of listings on the app. Your listings can look awesome or embarrassingly sparse, it's up to you, but all are welcome.
• Manage your listing on your own customised dashboard. Look beautiful and feel accomplished.
• Producers and artisans have full control over where their products appear. If you don't supply to someone any more, you can remove that product from their listing, no questions asked.
Clearer connections between eateries and the farmers that supply them. Message and rewards badges let you know when there's something waiting for you. And we made the hamster run faster inside the app to overcome a few annoyances in locations with poor signal. All fixed now!
- NoshPlanet Pty Ltd
- 54.6 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Gambling and Contests
- © 2017 Local Food Loop / Social Food Project
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.