LOCAL WEATHER FOR AUSTRALIANS
WillyWeather is a feature-rich weather app that includes BoM radar and satellite, detailed wind, rain, tide, swell and UV forecasts, as well as moon phases, and sunrise and sunset times.
Going beyond the average weather service, we process and fine-tune forecast data to the specific coordinates of over 17,000 Australian locations including all suburbs, towns, beaches, rivers, parks, lakes and islands.
• WEATHER - Seven day BoM weather forecasts tailored to each location including min/max temperatures, and detailed weather descriptions.
• RADAR - Raw BoM radar data, refined, processed and integrated with iOS maps.
• SATELLITE - National satellite view, displaying cloud cover for the entire Australian continent integrated with iOS maps.
• TIDES - The most comprehensive tide times system in Australia, bringing together BoM standard port data with offsets from the Australian National Tide Tables and various state based marine agencies. Includes every beach in Australia, and many river systems and inlets.
• WIND - An amalgamation of the most accurate global wind forecast models gathered from the BoM, NOAA and ECMWF, interpolated to the exact coordinates for each location and vetted against real-time wind observations to deliver the best performing information.
• UV - Hourly UV index forecasts, including alerts outlining extreme conditions when there is risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure.
• MOON PHASES - Full moon and new moon phases, illumination and rise and set times. Deeply integrated with tidal data.
• RAINFALL - Intuitive visual indication of rainfall probability and intensity for the week ahead, using the latest ACCESS models provided by the BoM.
• SWELL - Swell height, period and direction for each beach in Australia.
• SUNRISE SUNSET - Sunrise and sunset times with first light and last light.
• REAL TIME observational data - with trends for all locations including current temperature, feels-like temperature, rain today, rain last hour, humidity, pressure, wind speed, wind direction, wind gusts and dew point.
• BOM WARNINGS - Easily accessible and specifically targeted to the locations affected.
• Interactive rainfall radar and satellite, using iOS maps: pan and zoom like you've always wanted through the national BoM radar network, and continental satellite view to see exactly where rain is falling around you, or your favourite locations. Our mapping features provides more control, and more detail than any other Australian weather source.
• Stunning, interactive tide, swell, and wind forecast graphs which allow you to easily understand the conditions at your favourite surf beach, secret fishing spot or upcoming hike - in real-time, and up to seven days in the future. We're particularly proud of our graphs, we pushed the boundaries to provide you with more context, and more detail for each weather type.
• A beautiful, simple and organised interface in which the weather data that is important to you is easy to find, consume and interact with. Our goal was to present accurate and relevant weather information to you, as quickly, and easily as possible.
- fixes: inline radar displaying an error or down status when the radar station is up
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely the BEST weather app in a relatively compact size
This weather app gives you practically EVERYTHING you need to know about the coming weather conditions and it does it in a relatively compact size and easily readible format compared with other weather apps. Its much more detailed than the standard built-in weather app which only provides "headline" information. Willy Weather even covers Tides, Winds and Moon phases so you dont need separate apps for those. The more you look intoi this app the more you find. Its a real space saver. Unfortunately the latest version is starting to get a bit large (30MB) so I have not upgraded. But still much smaller and better than Waetherzone which is now over 100MB!!!
Perfect for beach and river tide and wind info
I use the app to decide which beach to go to depending on the tide, swell and wind direction. It also helps me when deciding which spot on the river to put our kayaks in. It's not just important to know when the rain is coming but which direction the river is running and where there will be water over the sand bars. This app is the only one I've found that tells me all the weather elements I need at all the locations on the river that I visit. Perfect! A year on, it's still the perfect weather app. I used it recently while travelling around Australia. I love it.
Very useful, well laid out app.
Lots of thought and attention to detail has gone into this app. Ads have been annoying in the past, but you now have the option of paying for ad-free version. One thing I’d like to see is option for more localised data. The info to the coast (provided) is radically different than the actual weather on the hinterland. They have made a conscious move away from ‘less reliable but more localised’ data sources, but maybe a setting option could give customers the choice to switch between the two and decide which they believe more?
- WillyWeather (AU) Pty Ltd
- 43.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 WillyWeather
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal $5.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.