UPDATE: With full iOS 9 and iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus support!
Web Offline lets you record websites and save them to your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad for browsing without an internet connection.
And not just websites... Web Offline can store RSS feeds, podcasts, documents, spreadsheets, PDFs, multimedia files, images... pretty much anything that can be displayed by Mobile Safari.
Any page or file that you click on during recording will be recorded and saved during the caching process.
Or you can set up a web crawler snapshot and let it do all the recording. You can also re-run the caching process to get the most up to date data.
There's no need to create an account or register, we don't collect any personal information either.
- Offline browsing: Store websites and multimedia and browse them without an internet connection or when abroad
- Web crawler: Just type in the URL of a website and how many levels deep you want it to be cached
- Search: Full-text search for all your stored websites
- Address bar history: No need to type the same address twice
- Landscape mode as well as Portrait mode when browsing stored websites or playing multimedia
- External display: Connect an external display to your device and browse on a large screen (4th gen. devices and newer)
- Fullscreen browsing: Browse stored websites in fullscreen
- Multimedia support: mp3, mp4, pdf, doc, xls, ppt, rtf, aiff, wav, m4a, m4b, m4p, mov, qt, m4v, png, jpg, gif, tiff, bmp, ...
- Online browsing: If you forget to store some pages, you can view them using your internet connection as well
- No-image caching: Enable or disable images for faster downloads
- Re-caching: Websites that are updated on a regular basis can be easily updated on your device as well... just re-run the caching process
1) To record a new snapshot, navigate to the website and enable the recording mode. From that moment, every page/file you click on will be recorded.
2) Close the recorder and check your snapshot.
3) Run the caching process to download everything for offline browsing.
4) Browse the snapshot or use the full-text search to find the page you're looking for.
Supported languages: English, Czech
This app is rated 17+ because it allows unfiltered access to the internet.
Do you have any suggestions for improvements? We're interested in your comments (email@example.com).
- minor bug fix for iOS 9 to enable copy and paste again
We're interested in your comments (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ratings and Reviews
Suspiciously slow - AVOID
I think this a waste of money, and probably a scam, and possibly mining Bitcoin instead of what it claims to do. I wish I had my $6 back.
For something that merely download and saves webpages, it sure takes a looooooooong time. I left it running overnight to cache a dozen simple Wordpress pages containing a few photos and some text. By the next day it was even further from 'finishing,' or what it claimed was possibly finishing.
When 'caching' all it shows are two numbers and a progress bar. One number is presumed to be a 'target' which mysteriously keeps growing and growing. The second is the 'progress' which never comes close to keeping up with the expanding size of the target. There is no explanation of what these numbers mean or represent.
The pages which are "saved" are slow to load when presumably in my IPad, and frequently incomplete. If connected to wifi again, they magically show up faster. Hmmmm. I wish I had my $6 back again....
It's does what it said
The app does exactly what it said it would do. Caching a site with user selectable depth does work as long as you manually trigger the caching process. Caching two or three level depth could take quite a long time but that's what you would except from a web crawler operation. The good thing is that if you only wants few pieces of information from a site, the URL recording feature in the app makes it very easy to do so.
Overall I think this is a great app, especially the crawler feature, however you will needs to have a good play with the app feature to work out how it all works. I look forward to see what other features the developer will add to improve the usability of this app.
Well worth it
This app is great, well worth the money. It took me a little while to get my head around but maybe that's just me. Now I think I understand it, and using it ALL the time. I had a slight issue with a particular page and the developer handled my query exceptionally and walked me through how to get around it. This is a must have app for anyone, that like me, doesn't have their iPad connected to the net all the time.
- Petr Krojzl
- 6.8 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016 Crafty Crew
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.