Westpac Mobile Banking
By Westpac Banking Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With Westpac Mobile Banking you can take your bank with you wherever you go.
• Quick Balance – view the available balance, recent transactions and Altitude reward points for up to 3 eligible accounts without signing in^
• Sign in with a 4 digit passcode
• Sign in with your fingerprint on iPhone 5s & above with iOS 8 & above
• Set up account, payment and security alerts
• View and search transactions
• Show/hide or group accounts
• View and transact on shared access accounts
• View and transact on foreign currency accounts
• View and save eStatements.
• Transfer money between accounts, Pay Anyone or BPAY® bills
• Email payment receipts
• Manage payees and BPAY billers
• Send payments overseas (to existing payees)
• Schedule and manage recurring payments
• Approve payments.
Get cash out without your debit card:
• Use Get Cash to withdraw cash from any Westpac ATM in Australia without a debit card (daily and weekly limits apply).
• Temporarily block transactions on your card for up to 15 days. Available on personal credit and MasterCard® debit cards**
• Report your card lost or stolen
• Reset your password with Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
• Update your contact details
• Travelling overseas? Notify us first to help protect you from fraud
• Change your daily payment limit (max. limit applies)
• Change your daily cash withdrawal limit (when linked to a Handycard, subject to account terms)
• Activate a credit or debit card (using your iPhone camera to scan and enter your card details).
• View your Quick Balance^
• Find your nearest Westpac ATM or branch in Australia
• Receive a Get Cash code on your Apple Watch, requested via the app on your iPhone
• Receive overseas travel notifications
• To use Mobile Banking on your Apple Watch you’ll need to pair your Apple Watch with an iPhone 5 or above with iOS 8.2 or above.
• Open a savings or transaction account
• Apply for a credit card, personal loan or Westpac Global Currency Card
• Tools and calculators (loan borrowing and repayment calculators)
• Order ahead at selected cafés with Hey You#.
Business customers can also:
• Approve payments
• Manage user access
• Pay staff and creditors fast with payment templates
• Transfer funds to corporate and purchasing cards.
Find us in Australia and overseas:
• Locate your nearest Westpac ATM, branch or banker in Australia
• Find a Global ATM Alliance ATM when overseas.
• Help & FAQs: westpac.com.au/mobilebankinghelp
• Supported devices: westpac.com.au/devices
• Contact Us: westpac.com.au/contact-us
• Website: westpac.com.au/mobilebanking
• Facebook: facebook.com/Westpac
• Twitter: twitter.com/Westpac
Things you should know:
*You can send and receive payments to Australian mobile phone numbers and bank accounts only. Terms, Conditions and Limits apply.
** Locking your card will temporarily stop new transactions on your card for 15 days or until reactivated. The card will automatically reactivate after 15 days if you do not cancel the card.
^Not available on all accounts. For eligible accounts visit westpac.com.au/quickbalance
#Hey You is a trademark of Beat the Q Holdings Pty Limited ABN 67 601 969 840.
Some features and functions including fingerprint sign-in may not work on jailbroken devices.
This app is only available for Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is required. Normal data charges apply.
Fees, charges and credit criteria may apply. Read the terms & conditions for Online Banking & each relevant product or service at westpac.com.au/westpacliveterms before making a decision.
®Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
©2015 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 233714
What's New in Version 6.70
• Quick Balance – we’ve added the ability to view your recent transactions and Altitude reward points.
• Pay to Mobile - securely send and receive payments using a mobile phone number*
• Proof of balance – download a summary of your account balances to help verify your income or complete applications.
• Wonder – a unique experience to help you explore your property opportunities.
If you are having issues, please delete and re-install the app to ensure that you have the latest version.
Commbank App much better
Have just opened up a Westpac account because I have a home loan with them now. I have to say, this app leaves a lot to be desired. It seems like the actual main part of the app after logging in, is a web view of the Internet banking site wrapped up in a app. CommBank app is at least fully native. It's so slow to load. It frequently requires re-login with password and doesn't allow Touch ID. And why on earth would I want a link to a coffee app in my banking app!?!? If I want a coffee app, I'll download one. Honestly, I can't believe that the second largest bank in Aus has an app like this. I think I'm going to have to keep my CommBank about open for now. Time for Westpac to find new developers cause this is an embarrassing mess.
Update: And if I leave the app, please just log me out!!! I don't want to type in a password to re-enter. I don't want to see a screen telling me I've been logged out and asking for feedback. I just want to go back to the first screen when I re-enter the app.
Update: Just refreshing this review so it shows for the new update. Don't be fooled by all true 5 star reviewers - obviously the Westpac developers getting in before ppl realise it's just a web app in a native wrapper. A true sign of technical incompetence is accepting a webview that poses as an app as good.
Simple and responsive
I mainly do most of my banking online. Using BPAY for bills. Transfer from my everyday account to the Visa card, and pay anyone. I can print my ledger view to reconcile with my MS Windows money program.
I also use the mobile phone app to check accounts and sometimes BPAY and paying off the Visa card. It is quick and responsive. What I like is that the interface is simple and uncluttered. It is easy to navigate as the look and feel hardly changes. Web and App designers sometimes try using pictures, sounds and animation to give "their" app an arty look, forgetting it is really a man machine interface. Simple is best, and this banking app does all I want simply, and quickly.
A 'technically competent' review.
Overall, not too bad an App but as per usual with banking Apps, it's hard to rate the Westpac offering as highly as what is available from the ING Direct iOS App. Credit card statements have for some reason disappeared which is disappointing. My account seems to be inaccessible a lot more time than other banking Apps I have from such as CBA, BankWest and of course, ING too. The constant request to Give Mobile Banking Feedback when you sign out is a cumbersome feature too. Genuinely good Apps don't need to constantly request this. Come on Westpac, you can do better.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: 14 April 2016
- Version: 6.70
- Size: 75.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Westpac Banking Corporation
- © 2015 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.