With Westpac Mobile Banking take your bank with you wherever you go for Westpac Australia customers.
• Quick Balance-view your balance and recent transactions for up to 3 accounts, and transfer money between them without signing in^
• Sign in with your fingerprint on iPhone 5s and above (iOS 10 and above)
• Sign in with a 4 digit passcode
• Sign in with Face ID (iPhone X)
• Cardless Cash-withdraw cash without a debit card from any Westpac, St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA ATM in Australia (daily and weekly limits apply)
• Siri for Westpac-make payments and check your balance using your voice (iOS 11 and above).
• Share BSB and Account information via your choice of messaging method
• Set up reminders for Credit Card payments
• Set up account, payment and security alerts
• Search transactions
• Show/hide or group accounts
• View and transact on foreign currency accounts
• Set up, view and save eStatements.
• Transfer money between your accounts
• Pay Anyone and BPAY® bills
• Email payment receipts
• Manage payees and BPAY billers
• Send payments overseas (to existing payees)
• Schedule and manage recurring payments
• Approve payments
• Create a PayID – real-time payments using your mobile number (progressive rollout to personal customers).
• Download a Proof of Balance report
• Download 30, 90 or 120 day transaction listing report
• Temporarily lock your card for up to 15 days to stop transactions. On personal credit and Mastercard® debit cards**
• Report your card lost or stolen
• Reset your password with Westpac Protect™ SMS Code
• Travelling overseas? Notify us to help protect you from fraud. Plus, access the most used travel features with Travel Companion.
• Change your daily payment limit (max. limit applies)
• Activate a credit or debit card
• Update your contact details
• Deposit a cheque with Mobile Cheque Deposit (select customers).
• View your Quick Balance^
• Find your nearest Westpac ATM or branch in Australia
• Receive a Cardless Cash code on your Apple Watch, requested via the app
• Receive overseas travel notifications
• To use Mobile Banking on your Apple Watch pair your Apple Watch with an iPhone 5 or above with iOS 10 or above.
• Open a term deposit, savings or transaction account
• Apply for a credit card, personal loan or Westpac Global Currency Card
• Tools and calculators (loan borrowing and repayment calculators).
Find us in Australia and overseas
• Locate your nearest Westpac ATM, branch or banker in Australia
• Find a Global Alliance ATM when overseas.
Business customers can also
• Approve payments
• Manage user access
• Pay staff and creditors with payment templates
• Transfer funds to corporate and purchasing cards.
• Help & FAQs: westpac.com.au/mobilebankinghelp
• Supported devices: westpac.com.au/devices
• Website: westpac.com.au/mobilebanking
Things you should know:
**Locking your card will temporarily stop new transactions on your card for 15 days or until reactivated. The card will automatically reactivate after 15 days if you do not cancel the card.
^You can’t transfer money between business and personal profiles in Quick Balance. For eligible accounts visit info.westpac.com.au/quickbalance
^^ Standard call charges apply. Internet connection is needed to access Westpac Mobile Banking app. Normal mobile data charges apply.
Some features & functions including fingerprint sign-in may not work on jailbroken devices.
This app is only available for Westpac Australia customers. Internet connection is required. Normal data charges apply.
Fees, charges & credit criteria may apply. Read the terms & conditions for Online Banking (westpac.com.au/westpacliveterms) & each relevant product or service at westpac.com.au/disclosure-documents before making a decision.
®Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
©2018 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect except for lack of Apple Pay or an alternative
Perfect except for lack of Apple Pay or some sort of tap and pay solution like the one CommBank has.
The upcoming Beem is only for transferring money person to person, not for paying retailers at point of sale, so it’s pretty useless.
The upcoming wearable solution also isn’t very helpful as I don’t want to have to wear a separate item just for Westpac banking. It would be great if they at least had a device that attaches to my keys or similar - if they can do wearable tech I don’t see why they can’t make a device that attaches to a key ring. Most wearables are worn because they need skin contact to measure variables, I don’t see why we’re limited to wearables for tap and pay banking.
It would be great if Westpac just kept things simple and signed up for Apple Pay. If ANZ and many smaller banks and credit unions can afford to do it Westpac can too, they’re just unwilling to lower their margins.
Short term thinking, if they don’t provide an iPhone tap and pay function in the next six months or so I’ll seriously consider moving banks despite being with Westpac for over 20 years, and I don’t think I’ll be the only one.
Other than my Apple Pay gripe the mobile app is great, much better than internet online banking, hence the four stars despite the big whinge!
I've used almost every other banking app and this is the worst. The actual banking part (after you tap “Sign In”) just loads the mobile website, which has barely changed in 6 years. It's clunky, slow, and the usability is awful - it still has the 300ms tap-delay. Westpac Live (the desktop website) is terrible as well; it always starts off on the “Tile” view which is completely useless because it doesn’t show a total of all accounts, and the tiled format is not conducive to reviewing numeric data. So every time I log into Westpac Live, I need to click the “List View” icon to get the information in a useful format. Why doesn’t it save my preference? Or why doesn’t it just load “List View” - the view that displays numeric data in a useful format - by default? Also, after the page loads, Westpac’s own advertisements slide down and shift the content under the cursor just as I’m about to click something. $8.1 billion dollars of revenue in 2017 yet Westpac can’t afford just one UX expert. My patience wears thin.
Hi, we’re really sorry to hear you’re unhappy with the app. I’ll pass your comments on to the appropriate team. Thanks, Steve.
So much room for improvement
I am currently with 3 different banks (Commonwealth and ANZ) and Westpac by far has the least user friendly and clunky app.
Commonwealth's app is intuitive and it's user interface is easy to look. The graphics transitions are smooth giving the appearance of a well running app. The app also allows the user to change the order of the bank accounts and displays an overall financial position.
ANZ's app is much the same, with the addition of being able customise an accounts display picture. Once again an easy to look at UI and easy to use.
Westpac's app however is the opposite. The UI is not pleasant to look at, and the transition between pages is slow and disjointed. There is no overall financial position or option to reorder or hide bank accounts. It's frustrating there is no ability to personalise the app to the needs of the user. Also, Westpac's sales technique of displaying current offers (savings accounts, super accounts etc) which are irrelevant to the user with no option to dismiss is just annoying. As one of Australia's 'Big Four' banks, it would be nice to see some of that profit go towards developing a half decent app to benefit it's customers.
If I had the option I would not continue banking with Westpac due to its poor mobile banking and online banking.
Hi, thanks for your message. Really sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. I’ll share your feedback with our team. Thanks, Steve.
- Westpac Banking Corporation
- 162 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.