WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• You can now reply to a group message privately in your 1:1 chat. Tap and hold a message in a group chat and select "More", then "Reply Privately".
• When editing a photo or video, you can tap the smiley icon to add stickers.
• From the Status tab, you can now 3D touch to preview a contact's status.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app. Needs more archiving options.
I love this app to keep in contact with overseas friend and family. It would be great to be able to permanently archive an active group chat. Turning off notifications and muting the chat helps as long as you’re not actually using the app. However if you’re using it the number of messages still appears next to the chat and the chat always stays at the top of your list. The only other way to not see the chat is to leave the group which can be awkward. Please make this a feature in the next version. And also a way to organise chats under different categories/tabs would be awesome.
Need to be add very important feature
Hii, WhatsApp i want to suggest that please add a new feature to check a particular date chat in this feature we can check any information from our chat which i had before a month. In the absence of this feature sometimes we want a information which we have shared via chat with someone or we want it immediately but it takes too much time to find. So, it will be easy to find if just open a particular chat and search a particular date and get all within a min. I am looking forward for this update.
6 Aug 2018. Love the app, but have found that Siri does not work with this app. When asking Siri to send a message to a contact using WhatsApp the reply is always the same “ mmmm couldn’t find Pat or John or whoever in your WhatsApp contacts” It doesn’t matter which contact name I choose it’s always the same reply. I have checked all my settings, given WhatsApp access to my contacts but still Siri, comes back with the same response.
I thought at first it might be my phone (iPhone 6) but after trying it on my friends phone (iPhone 6) same thing Siri could not send a message or ring a contact using WhatsApp on her phone. On her phone the response was the same.
I have tried different ways of asking Siri the question.
1. Using WhatsApp ring Pat.
2. Ring John using WhatsApp
3. Dial John using WhatsApp
4. Using WhatsApp dial Steve
5. Using WhatsApp call Steve.
6. Call Home using WhatsApp
But I get the same answer
“Sorry WhatsApp couldn’t find John in your contacts who would you like to call?” 😪
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 136.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
- English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.