Whereis® provides voice guided turn-by-turn navigation across Australia. Get to your destination quickly and easily.
● Winner of 2013 Australian Mobile Award (best navigation app)
● Finalist in the 2012 AIMIA Awards in the categories of ‘Best Application for a Mobile’ & ‘Best Tourism or Travel’
Need directions? Ask a local. Whereis® is your local map provider with extensive coverage of Australia. Whereis® understands local conditions.
● Voice-guided navigation, telling you when to make a turn
● Automatic re-route if you take a wrong turn
● Day & night-mode views when navigating
● Extensive Australian map coverage using the most up-to-date data from Whereis®, Australia’s local mapping expert
● Locate yourself on the map
● Search for addresses, places & businesses from Yellow Pages®
● Quick search panel to find points of interest on your map such as petrol stations, ATMs, restaurants, car parks, etc.
● Parts of this app use the phone’s GPS, and continued use can dramatically decrease battery life.
● As Whereis® is designed for use in Australia, you cannot use the Current Location or Navigation features outside Australia. You will, however, still be able to search maps, addresses, businesses & directions.
● Restrictions on driver use of mobile phones exist in some States and Territories and you should check local rules.
We’re committed to ensuring Whereis® is a much loved mapping & navigation app in Australia, so please send through your feedback and ideas to email@example.com
Whereis Support - https://www.whereismaps.com/business/about-us.html
Report Map Changes - http://whereis.formstack.com/forms/whereis_feedback
Ratings and Reviews
Terrible nothing where is meant to be
I’ve looked up three places none of which are even on the map one said closest 20km yet the pathology in Pottsville is in Elizabeth st and been there for yrs. not even network Video which this there 4-5 yr showing on the corner next to the pathology. Plus it froze twice after one address which was wrong. Don’t bother. Looks like would be great. But even google maps isn’t right upto date but at least has some.
This app is terrible. More often than not it can't navigate anything more than a 15min journey. If it does ever stop saying "something went wrong", it will take you miles in the wrong direction despite selecting "fastest route". It constantly crashes and freezes. The maps are good, but it needs to be zoomed in substantially every time you use it to even see local streets.
1990's called and want their API back
Mapping is reasonably accurate for brand new areas but the app is an heinous disgrace on navigation quality. How do Waze get it right and not this?? Only use it as a very last resort but have to due to work an new areas. Google maps is still my go to and anything else before this.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.