By Sensis Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whereis® is a FREE app providing voice guided turn-by-turn navigation across Australia. Get to your destination quickly and easily.
● Comes with free Celebrity Voices!
● BONUS for Telstra customers - No carrier data charges on the Telstra Next G™ network (excluding links to third party sites & content).
● Winner of 2013 Australian Mobile Award (best navigation app)
● Finalist in the 2012 AIMIA Awards in the categories of ‘Best Application for a Mobile’ & ‘Best Tourism or Travel’
Need directions? Ask a local. Whereis® is your local map provider with extensive coverage of Australia. Whereis® understands local conditions.
● Voice-guided navigation, telling you when to make a turn
● Celebrity Voices: We’ve now got some of Australia’s favourite sporting commentators & personalities – Dennis Cometti, Ray Warren & Billy Birmingham as The 12th Man. You can still hit the road with our three original voices – Jennifer Hawkins, Dame Edna Everage & Nick Giannopoulos as The W*g Boy
● You can change voice selection at any stage (standard male voice also available)
● Automatic re-route if you take a wrong turn
● Day & night-mode views when navigating
● Extensive Australian map coverage using the most up-to-date data from Whereis®, Australia’s local mapping expert
● Locate yourself on the map
● Search for addresses, places & businesses from Yellow Pages®
● Quick search panel to find points of interest on your map such as petrol stations, ATMs, restaurants, car parks, etc.
● Parts of this app use the phone’s GPS, and continued use can dramatically decrease battery life.
● As Whereis® is designed for use in Australia, you cannot use the Current Location or Navigation features outside Australia. You will, however, still be able to search maps, addresses, businesses & directions.
● Restrictions on driver use of mobile phones exist in some States and Territories and you should check local rules.
We’re committed to ensuring Whereis® is the best free mapping & navigation app in Australia, so please send through your feedback and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whereis® is a part of Sensis, a fully owned subsidiary of Telstra
® Registered trade mark of Telstra Corporation Limited
What's New in Version 1.15
We’ve added map zoom and pan to Navigation so now you can see what’s ahead!
Simply pinch, tap or drag the map to see more. Plus we’ve fixed some bugs!
Here’s our favourite recent user comment:
“AH-MAZINGGGGG. Definitely worth 5 stars!! Love love love this app! The celebrity voices are so funny!! I highly recommend it.” – Juliana Gerrard
Please keep sending through your feedback and ideas to email@example.com
Good, (especially Jen), crashes frequently.
A pretty good attempt, but bugged with crashes and can't re-route easily. Often it says, 'recalculating', for the rest of the trip; hours perhaps.
Also, it doesn't remember previous addresses when it crashes, so needs to be re-typed. No inline auto complete, so re-type the whole address.
It auto zooms too far in, so it is difficult to glance ahead and see what happens after this turn etc. Instructions aren't timed well enough to fix this all the time.
Otherwise, five stars, good work.
needs VIA option
Great app, i use it all the time - BUT its DESPERATELY missing an option to select a "go via" option when retrieving directions.
Eg, i want to go to Apollo Bay from Melb... Its directing me to go inland :(
If there was a "go via" option I could simply select Torquey, and we're off :)
App just stops 10-15 minutes into trip
Since I went to the latest version, during every trip, about 10 to 15 minutes in, I look at my phone and the app has just stopped, not frozen, just stopped and back to the phone menus. When you go back in, the destination entered is not in the recent list, and has to be typed in again from scratch (which is quite hard to do whilst driving, not to mention illegal). Will try Google maps instead.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 23 September 2013
- Version: 1.15
- Size: 33.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Sensis Pty Ltd
- © 2011 Sensis Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.