By Sensis Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whereis® is a FREE app providing voice guided turn-by-turn navigation across Australia. Get to your destination quickly and easily.
● Winner of 2013 Australian Mobile Award (best navigation app)
● Finalist in the 2012 AIMIA Awards in the categories of ‘Best Application for a Mobile’ & ‘Best Tourism or Travel’
Need directions? Ask a local. Whereis® is your local map provider with extensive coverage of Australia. Whereis® understands local conditions.
● Voice-guided navigation, telling you when to make a turn
● Automatic re-route if you take a wrong turn
● Day & night-mode views when navigating
● Extensive Australian map coverage using the most up-to-date data from Whereis®, Australia’s local mapping expert
● Locate yourself on the map
● Search for addresses, places & businesses from Yellow Pages®
● Quick search panel to find points of interest on your map such as petrol stations, ATMs, restaurants, car parks, etc.
● Parts of this app use the phone’s GPS, and continued use can dramatically decrease battery life.
● As Whereis® is designed for use in Australia, you cannot use the Current Location or Navigation features outside Australia. You will, however, still be able to search maps, addresses, businesses & directions.
● Restrictions on driver use of mobile phones exist in some States and Territories and you should check local rules.
We’re committed to ensuring Whereis® is the best free mapping & navigation app in Australia, so please send through your feedback and ideas to email@example.com
Whereis Support - https://www.whereismaps.com/business/about-us.html
Report Map Changes - http://whereis.formstack.com/forms/whereis_feedback
What's New in Version 1.17.5
Current version makes it harder to use
Current version has the following problems;
*Street number not displayed of destination
*travelling map is too small to see next turn
*map freezes and app needs to be restarted
*map has trouble keeping up with current position
*doesn't display streets 2 years old
*despite requests to fade down background music to clearly hear voice directions, it still hasn't happened
*requests to add more voices, has resulted in further reductions
In general the latest version is frustrating to use and has got me lost many times since the recent update. Step up and fix this app by;
*Fixing the direction sound
*Zoom in the travelling map
*Have up to date maps
*Consider at least reinstating the female voice, or add more voices
*Fix app freezes
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 23 August 2016
- Version: 1.17.5
- Size: 24.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sensis Pty Ltd
- © 2014 Sensis Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.