By Sensis Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whereis® is a FREE app providing voice guided turn-by-turn navigation across Australia. Get to your destination quickly and easily.
● Winner of 2013 Australian Mobile Award (best navigation app)
● Finalist in the 2012 AIMIA Awards in the categories of ‘Best Application for a Mobile’ & ‘Best Tourism or Travel’
Need directions? Ask a local. Whereis® is your local map provider with extensive coverage of Australia. Whereis® understands local conditions.
● Voice-guided navigation, telling you when to make a turn
● Automatic re-route if you take a wrong turn
● Day & night-mode views when navigating
● Extensive Australian map coverage using the most up-to-date data from Whereis®, Australia’s local mapping expert
● Locate yourself on the map
● Search for addresses, places & businesses from Yellow Pages®
● Quick search panel to find points of interest on your map such as petrol stations, ATMs, restaurants, car parks, etc.
● Parts of this app use the phone’s GPS, and continued use can dramatically decrease battery life.
● As Whereis® is designed for use in Australia, you cannot use the Current Location or Navigation features outside Australia. You will, however, still be able to search maps, addresses, businesses & directions.
● Restrictions on driver use of mobile phones exist in some States and Territories and you should check local rules.
We’re committed to ensuring Whereis® is the best free mapping & navigation app in Australia, so please send through your feedback and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whereis Support Email - email@example.com
Report Map Changes - http://whereis.formstack.com/forms/whereis_feedback
What's New in Version 1.16
What's New in Version 1.16
Sensis designers, cartographers and product specialists have been working hard to provide a fresh new look for our Whereis map. We love it and we hope you do too.
You can also experience the new look Whereis map on our fully responsive site that supports the increasing number of internet connected devices and screen sizes - www.whereis.com
The Whereis celebrity voice promotion for Jennifer Hawkins, Dame Edna, Billy Birmingham and Ray Warren has ended and these voices have been removed from this release.
We’ve also fixed some bugs and made updates support to iphone 6 resolution.
Please keep sending through your feedback and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
This app was great, knew where is was, and where it was going. Now it just repeats "in 200 hundred metres turn" and doesn't finish what it's meant to say. Pretty much a useless app for navigation now. I use it but have to remember in my head which direction to turn next. Also i wish it would say "go straight" instead of "take the second exit"
I wouldn't have upgraded if I'd known about the loss of voices. I think Whereis knows that. Annoyed I was tricked. An often frustrating, obstinate and easily confused app that I valued for only one reason: Dame Edna's voice, the most excellently clear and precise driving directions I've ever heard on a GPS, and fun. The stock voices are now dreadful. Will stop using for this reason.
Much better representation of places on maps using suburb and logical town names rather than the obscure place names used by the other map apps.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 14 December 2014
- Version: 1.16
- Size: 21.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Sensis Pty Ltd
- © 2014 Sensis Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).