Weather by WillyWeather
By Weather, Wind, Tides and Rain Radar Services Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LOCAL WEATHER FOR AUSTRALIANS
WillyWeather is a feature rich weather app that includes BoM radar and satellite, detailed wind, rain, tide, swell and UV forecasts, as well as moon phases, and sunrise and sunset times.
WillyWeather delivers the most accurate local weather data from best in class weather providers including the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BoM). Going beyond the average weather service, we process and fine-tune forecast data to the specific coordinates of over 17,000 Australian locations including all suburbs, towns, beaches, rivers, parks, lakes and islands.
• WEATHER - Seven day BoM weather forecasts tailored to each location including min/max temperatures, and detailed weather descriptions.
• RADAR - Raw BoM radar data, refined, processed and integrated with iOS maps.
• SATELLITE - National satellite view, displaying cloud cover for the entire Australian continent integrated with iOS maps.
• TIDES - The most comprehensive tide times system in Australia, bringing together BoM standard port data with offsets from the Australian National Tide Tables and various state based marine agencies. Includes every beach in Australia, and many river systems and inlets.
• WIND - An amalgamation of the most accurate global wind forecast models gathered from the BoM, NOAA and ECMWF, interpolated to the exact coordinates for each location and vetted against real-time wind observations to deliver the best performing information.
• UV - Hourly UV index forecasts, including alerts outlining extreme conditions when there is risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure.
• MOON PHASES - Full moon and new moon phases, illumination and rise and set times. Deeply integrated with tidal data.
• RAINFALL - Intuitive visual indication of rainfall probability and intensity for the week ahead, using the latest ACCESS models provided by the BoM.
• SWELL - Swell height, period and direction for each beach in Australia.
• SUNRISE SUNSET - Sunrise and sunset times with first light and last light.
• REAL TIME observational data - with trends for all locations including current temperature, rain since 9am, rain last hour, humidity, pressure, wind speed, wind direction, wind gusts and dew point.
• BOM WARNINGS - Easily accessible and specifically targeted to the locations affected.
• Interactive rainfall radar and satellite, using iOS maps: pan and zoom like you've always wanted through the national BoM radar network, and continental satellite view to see exactly where rain is falling around you, or your favourite locations. Our mapping features provides more control, and more detail than any other Australian weather source.
• Stunning, interactive tide, swell, and wind forecast graphs which allow you to easily understand the conditions at your favourite surf beach, secret fishing spot or upcoming hike - in real-time, and up to seven days in the future. We're particularly proud of our graphs, we pushed the boundaries to provide you with more context, and more detail for each weather type.
• A beautiful, simple and organised interface in which the weather data that is important to you is easy to find, consume and interact with. Our goal was to present accurate and relevant weather information to you, as quickly, and easily as possible.
WHO IS WILLYWEATHER?
Our website (www.willyweather.com.au) delivers localised weather information to over a million Australians each month; but for iOS, we're only just getting started. We’ve been working hard on this for a long time; making sure we get it right. We're starting to check off the features we've planned, and that you've asked for. We're really excited to bring them to you.
What's New in Version 1.3.1
- If you're having issues launching this update, please try deleting and reinstalling the app, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fixed issue where restoration of IAP was unavailable
- Fixed rare issue where viewing a warning could cause result in a crash
Silly Weather is fantastic!!!
This is the worlds greatest weather app - and I've tried a heap of them. It had so much information but it's not in-your-face, or overwhelming. You can choose to access it or not. But you should - the information is in lists and great easy to understand graphs. It's got information that other apps that others don't.
I'm a long time user and it will be my go-to weather app for a long, long time.
Great app, intuitive & reliable
The user interface is great! Easy to read and easy to use. I like it that a simple tap expands the data displayed for each day - this is way better than making the user scroll as other apps do. The tabs at the bottom make it simple to access other weather info and the ability to customise the button order is fantastic.
One thing I would really like is the “feel’s like” temperature that the BOM now provides.
Love this App
I live this app and are giving it 4 Stars, not five because I think some of the features are not intuitive to find as the size of the icons to click on could be bigger, it's okay if you have been using it awhile but for newbies it could have a better look and layout mainly the size of the icons to click on to locate the radar and notifications, as these are small and at the top of the screen and can be easily missed.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 01 September 2015
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 14.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Weather, Wind, Tides and Rain Radar Services Pty Ltd
- © 2014 Weather, Wind, Tides and Rain Radar Services
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal$2.99