Weather by WillyWeather
By Weather, Wind, Tides and Rain Radar Services Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LOCAL WEATHER FOR AUSTRALIANS
WillyWeather is a feature rich weather app that includes BoM radar and satellite, detailed wind, rain, tide, swell and UV forecasts, as well as moon phases, and sunrise and sunset times.
WillyWeather delivers the most accurate local weather data from best in class weather providers including the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BoM). Going beyond the average weather service, we process and fine-tune forecast data to the specific coordinates of over 17,000 Australian locations including all suburbs, towns, beaches, rivers, parks, lakes and islands.
• WEATHER - Seven day BoM weather forecasts tailored to each location including min/max temperatures, and detailed weather descriptions.
• RADAR - Raw BoM radar data, refined, processed and integrated with iOS maps.
• SATELLITE - National satellite view, displaying cloud cover for the entire Australian continent integrated with iOS maps.
• TIDES - The most comprehensive tide times system in Australia, bringing together BoM standard port data with offsets from the Australian National Tide Tables and various state based marine agencies. Includes every beach in Australia, and many river systems and inlets.
• WIND - An amalgamation of the most accurate global wind forecast models gathered from the BoM, NOAA and ECMWF, interpolated to the exact coordinates for each location and vetted against real-time wind observations to deliver the best performing information.
• UV - Hourly UV index forecasts, including alerts outlining extreme conditions when there is risk of harm from unprotected sun exposure.
• MOON PHASES - Full moon and new moon phases, illumination and rise and set times. Deeply integrated with tidal data.
• RAINFALL - Intuitive visual indication of rainfall probability and intensity for the week ahead, using the latest ACCESS models provided by the BoM.
• SWELL - Swell height, period and direction for each beach in Australia.
• SUNRISE SUNSET - Sunrise and sunset times with first light and last light.
• REAL TIME observational data - with trends for all locations including current temperature, rain since 9am, rain last hour, humidity, pressure, wind speed, wind direction, wind gusts and dew point.
• BOM WARNINGS - Easily accessible and specifically targeted to the locations affected.
• Interactive rainfall radar and satellite, using iOS maps: pan and zoom like you've always wanted through the national BoM radar network, and continental satellite view to see exactly where rain is falling around you, or your favourite locations. Our mapping features provides more control, and more detail than any other Australian weather source.
• Stunning, interactive tide, swell, and wind forecast graphs which allow you to easily understand the conditions at your favourite surf beach, secret fishing spot or upcoming hike - in real-time, and up to seven days in the future. We're particularly proud of our graphs, we pushed the boundaries to provide you with more context, and more detail for each weather type.
• A beautiful, simple and organised interface in which the weather data that is important to you is easy to find, consume and interact with. Our goal was to present accurate and relevant weather information to you, as quickly, and easily as possible.
WHO IS WILLYWEATHER?
Our website (www.willyweather.com.au) delivers localised weather information to over a million Australians each month; but for iOS, we're only just getting started. We’ve been working hard on this for a long time; making sure we get it right. We're starting to check off the features we've planned, and that you've asked for. We're really excited to bring them to you.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
+ Corrects layout when running the app in landscape on iPad. Sorry about that!
adjusts Tide Times to your Location
I started using this app because, unlike WeatherZone, it adjusts tide times to your location rather than just giving tides for the nearest official reference location. (These can differ by more than an hour in some locations.) Now, I use it for all other aspects of the weather because I prefer its user interface.
Great app - can view week in one screen
I've downloaded a few different weather apps and this one is the best by far. You can see the whole week in one screen and you can drill down on any day you want with ease. Plus it has many other tabs like wind, sun, UV, etc. If it could be added as a widget to iPhone 6 it would be a 6 star ;)
Gives you everything in one app
I have used several apps for weather but have needed to use different sites for moon, tide information. For the first time it has all been together & is extremely fast and accurate to date. Happy to pay $2.50 for a wonderful tool I use every day. Thank you developers
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 13 January 2015
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 10.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Weather, Wind, Tides and Rain Radar Services Pty Ltd
- © 2014 Weather, Wind, Tides and Rain Radar Services
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal$2.49