By Gameblend Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
One of the top rated word games for the iPhone, WordJong has been getting rave reviews from the press:
Fingergaming.com gives a 5 out of 5 - “The App Store may be flooded with word-based puzzlers, but this one is definitely worth your time.”
Appcraver.com gives it an 8 out of 10 – “Put this one on your iPhone or iPod touch and leave it there. You’re going to be using it — a lot.”
148Apps.com gives it a 5 out of 5 - "WordJong offers just enough of an addiction level that you will certainly feel the need to visit it day after day as it suggests"
Find out for yourself what Nintendo Wii, DS, and PC users have been raving about!
WordJong Daily Challenge Lite features simple, yet engrossing game play. Use a set of lettered tiles to create words and complete Mahjong solitaire puzzles. Shoot for high-scoring words, earn gold coins and bomb power-ups, and attempt to clear the board with no leftover letters.
Features of the full version:
- Unlimited Play: Each day brings the fresh challenge of a new, unique puzzle!
- Completed today’s puzzle? No problem! Scroll back through the calendar and play any of the hundreds of puzzles available.
- Zodiac Characters: Try to beat the scores of the WordJong Masters! Each of the seven characters has his or her own personality and play style, representing a different difficulty level ranging from easy (the Rabbit) to hard (the Dragon).
- High Score Tracking: Compare your daily high scores with friends and family!
- Awards: Complete 9 challenges to earn a beautiful butterfly collection!
- Huge Dictionary: WordJong features a 100,000+ word dictionary.
What's New in Version 1.5
- iPad bomb bug FIXED
- Save game data FIXED
- Updated dictionary (over 1500 words
- New spiffy icons!
Thanks to all players who sent in words to add. Please remember that the WordJong dictionary does not allow Proper nouns, just like you other favorite word games…
I have been using Word Jong every day for About 4 years, firstly on Nintendo and now on my I Pad. It is part of my daily routine and I have become very good at it and I'm able to hold many new records and beat the characters pictured. I find it has increased my "word" ability considerably. Thanks for a great challenge. Sue
Easy and entertaining
To be fair, I am using the free version and haven't gotten to the more advanced levels because I'm enjoying re-playing the earlier ones. Games are fairly quick, so perfect for a spare moment for procrastination any time.
Love this game. I use to play this on my kids Nitendo DS so when I saw the iPad version I thought I would try it. I'm please to say that it is exactly the same version.
- Category: Games
- Updated: 02 February 2011
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gameblend Studios, LLC
- © 2009 Gameblend Studios, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.