Siri Shortcuts deliver a quick way to get things done with your apps with just a tap or by asking Siri. The Shortcuts app enables you to create personal shortcuts with multiple steps from your favourite apps. Start from hundreds of examples in the Gallery or drag and drop to create your own.
Shortcuts includes over 300 built-in actions and works with many of your favourite apps including Contacts, Calendar, Maps, Music, Photos, Camera, Reminders, Safari, Health as well as any app that supports Siri Shortcuts.
Use the Shortcuts app to:
* Get directions home, send your ETA and start listening to the news, just by asking Siri
* Add a home screen icon that calls a loved one
* Make animated GIFs
* Make PDFs from Safari or any app with a share sheet
* Get directions to the nearest cafe in one tap
* Tweet the song you're listening to
* Get all the images on a web page
* Send a message including the last screenshot you took
* And so much more...
Shortcuts can be launched from the Today widget, from Search or by asking Siri. You can even add an app icon to your home screen for your favourite Shortcuts.
Shortcuts opens up incredible possibilities to automate things you do regularly on your iPhone and iPad.
The new Shortcuts app allows you to create personal shortcuts with multiple steps to run with a tap or by asking Siri.
* Run shortcuts with your voice by adding them to Siri
* New actions are now available from apps that support Siri Shortcuts
* Siri will now suggest shortcuts you use routinely on the lockscreen and in Search
* Siri suggests actions to add to Shortcuts based on your routines and recent app usage
* Change your system settings with new actions like Set Wi-Fi, Set Low Power Mode and Set Do Not Disturb
* Send and request payments with Apple Pay and your favourite apps with the new payment actions
* Shortcuts replaces the Workflow app and all existing workflows will be automatically imported.
* Enjoy the updated clean design
Learn more and see the full list of changes at https://support.apple.com/HT209087.
Ratings and Reviews
A personal automation tool to optimise the time spent on your projects.
Took time but I'm there
I have downloaded this app four times. The first three times - meh. On the fourth I started to get it.
I've used it to automate tasks that require multiple taps by using them in the notification centre: playing particular playlists, calling my wife, getting directions. Good, productive, a time-saver, but not necessarily exciting.
My latest 'flow works for me. It's triggered through a URL in a Todoist reminder (weekly, but could be location) that pushes through and asks three questions related to a project I am doing. Those answers are included in a formatted email that is sent to a friend (to show what I have den from that's week) and also to a specific notebook with tags in Evernote to keep track of my progress. (Could possibly also send to a spreadsheet to track progress over time with graphs...)
So it keeps me focused on the basics, and takes care of the back office.
Only four stars, though, because the lack of ecosystem is felt. I use Todoist, Evernote and Informant, and feel some of the limitations. The lack of time-based triggers is also annoying. I'll revise this review to five stars based on this alone.
But persevere. Read around. Get ideas. This can be a great app to take care of things you really don't need to think too much about.
Great for productivity
I’ve just started using this great app. It does what it promises and is easy to use. Am about to create a couple of workflows of my own, and I already feel quite confident, given the intuitive interface. Well done to the developers!
- DeskConnect, Inc.
- 135.5 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.