The Xbox app brings together your friends, games and accomplishments from across your devices. Stay connected to your gaming community on the go, control your Xbox One from the app and buy new games from the store. With your gaming life all in one place, the Xbox app keeps you connected to the games and gamers that matter most.
On the go:
• Share game captures with friends and across social networks
• Join Xbox Live Clubs to interact with like-minded gamers
• Use Looking for Group (LFG) to find a party to play a game
• Stay connected with multi-user conversations in Group Messaging
• See what friends are up to on Xbox Live
• Post updates and game clips to Activity Feed
• Watch and interact with game content
• Buy games from the store
With an Xbox One:
• Use the app to navigate using your device’s keyboard and touch
• Use the app as a media controller for your Xbox One (play, pause, etc)
This release adds required stability changes for our backend app services. To avoid losing functionality, please update to this version as soon as possible.
Bug Fixes: This release also brings a variety of accessibility bug fixes and improvements for screen readers.
Ratings and Reviews
In previous updates you were able to type through the Xbox app (I could type on my phone and it would appear on my Xbox) but recently this feature doesn’t exist or is broken.
I find this an issue because I often have to input things into the games I play like writing something or copy and pasting something, I have tried this feature on multiple applications with no results. This could just be an issue with the application/ game I am using.
Aside from this ‘broken/ missing feature’ the app works to amazing standards. I can stay in touch with Xbox live while on the go which is handy. I just don’t find the app as useful without this single feature.
Possibly the best console app EVER
It's much easier for texting your friends that have an Xbox instead of going on the Xbox just go open up the app sign in then text them. Also you can see pretty much every thing you can see on the home screen. The app also lets you get a Custom pic for your profile. It's pretty good but I which you could do that with your background a custom background instead of downloading media player and getting pictures of your computer putting them in a USB then sticking that in the Xbox.
Most unreliable app i’ve had to deal with
This app has terrible reliability when connecting to the xbox and has so many issues that haven’t been fixed its not funny. Streaming videos fails half the time, tv guide information doesn’t show up. Even the tv and AV control doesnt work if the Xbox is in the TV App.
Lastly, there is still no option to turn on the xbox only without turning on my AV and TV. Why is there not already an option to turn on the xbox only without turning on the TV? This is pointless if i have to turn the TV off after i remotely turn it on. This is typical Microsoft having the functionality but being too lazy/ to implement it in a meaningful way
- Microsoft Corporation
- 154.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.