Yellofier makes anything into music. Record your voice, a musical instrument or everyday noises. Within seconds the app magically turns them into groovy music.
#1 in Music (iPad) in 8 countries, top 10 in 50 countries.
Top 5 in 3 countries (iPhone).
Edit the sounds and effects by moving and twisting colored blocks. Yellofier doesn’t look like any other music program. You can create a full song within minutes – even without knowing anything about music!
Create unique music with your own sounds and with the sounds of Yello’s musical maestro Boris Blank. The Yellofier also includes sounds and songs by some of the greatest musicians within electronic music. Anything can be yellofied!
• Automatically slice your sound into 8 pieces and create a groove
• Record up to 16 custom sounds per song, divided into two user sound banks
• Combine sounds and effects in an innovative step sequencer
• Change pitch of each step to create melodies
• Multiple effects and variations
• Share your work
• 48 bundled sounds by Boris Blank
• Songs and sounds by the finest artists within electronic music: Carl Craig, Henrik Schwarz, The Orb, Trentemøller, Booka Shade, Orbital, The The, Thomas Fehlmann, Charles Webster, Håkan Lidbo and more…
• Record the sound of other Audiobus compatible apps
• Play back the sound into other Audiobus compatible apps
For best sound, use headphones.
NOTE: Since version 1.2, the preview-sound function changed from single tap to long-press! So the functionality is not gone, but we changed to long-press to not interfere with the music.
The demo tracks in Yellofier are under copyright protection.
Learn more about Yellofier and discover more of Yello’s music at yello.com
Produced by Boris Blank
Developed by Jonatan Liljedahl
Designed by Håkan Ullberg
Concept by Håkan Lidbo
Presented by Electronic Beats – Telekom’s international music program.
Here is an online tutorial video: http://vimeo.com/62158758
- fixed an issue where audio would not play when the app was started from the background (an IAA host)
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best apps ever make music out of any sound
A Disappointing Gem!
Be careful as any advertising and how to videos etc don't mention a lack of seemingly obvious features like opening saved tunes in an editable format and a storage bank for sampled sounds... These things make it difficult to compose anything other than a quick of the cuff work! HOWEVER, this is a mighty powerful little app that can work magic with anything you do quickly record. Impressive with what it can do... Imagine it could be top of the tree with obvious improvements to make it more than a gimmick app.
I had to update my review because I can now record. For anyone having issues go to your privacy settings (microphone) on your ipad and ensure you have given access to Yellofier to record. Love the app. Would love to see more work done to it to improve it as it has amazing potential.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.