Yoink - Improved Drag & Drop File Management
By Matthias Gansrigler
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Yoink simplifies and improves drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces and fullscreen apps.
The app has been repeatedly featured by on the Mac App Store in numerous categories and was recommended by John Gruber of DaringFireball and Federico Viticci of MacStories.
When you start dragging files in Finder or content from an application, Yoink fades in a tiny window at the edge of your screen so you can drag to it.
This frees up your mouse so you can comfortably navigate to the destination of the files and resume the drag from Yoink's window more comfortably.
For a quick video introduction, further information and tips and tricks for getting the most out of Yoink, please visit its website.
Here's what customers say about Yoink:
"Essential. One of the few apps I use all the time." - Kraznoff, US App Store
"Simple, elegant, perfect. This is a fantastic app. It works flawlessly". - Benwiggy, UK App Store
"Handiest utility I ever purchased." - Nrgwise, US App Store
Here's what the press says about Yoink:
"Yoink is a terrific utility for macOS" - John Gruber, DaringFireball.net
"Yoink is a fantastic way to enhance drag'n'drop. Highly recommended." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Yoink is an awesome drag and drop utility for the Mac and is instrumental to me when working with full screen apps." - Jeff Benjamin, iDownloadBlog
"Yoink makes drag and drop easier." - Dan Frakes, Macworld
"Yoink really makes the whole drag and drop process much less stressful." - Whitson Gordon, lifehacker.com
"I absolutely love this little utility, it's one of the few I've come across that has had staying powers on my Macs." - James Dempsey, The Graphic Mac
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on twitter at @YoinkApp or @eternalstorms.
What's New in Version 3.3
New Features in Yoink v3.3:
- Bring back Yoink's last removed files (by press-holding its keyboard shortcut pressed or right-clicking onto Yoink's window)
- More easily add links from your browser to Yoink by right-clicking onto it in your browser and selecting Share -> Yoink
- Share files right from within Yoink
- webloc files can now optionally show favicons for quicker identification
- A new Alfred File Action allows you to quickly send files from Alfred to Yoink (activate it in Yoink's "Advanced" preferences)
Improvements in Yoink v3.3:
- Yoink's menu bar icon can now be dragged off like other system menu bar icons (on macOS Sierra 10.12 and newer)
- Improved "Open With..." menu which lets you launch the Mac App Store with an extension search right away, just like in Finder
- Improves compatibility with Safari's bookmarks list (i.e., moving items)
- Works around Firefox's promised-drag issues, reinstating compatibility with it
- Improved and more efficient background drawing of Yoink's window
- When trying to remove a pinned file, the file's lock icon now shakes from the center, not the lower left corner (finally!)
- Improved drag recognition: My huge thanks goes to Nick Moore of Pilotmoon Software for his help and insights in the matter
Bug Fixes in Yoink v3.3:
- Fixes a bug where Yoink wouldn't appear in some Spaces after rearranging them
- Fixed a bug that caused "Open With..." not to work in certain cases
- Fixes a bug when receiving promised file drags
- Fixes a bug where, if HTML code was dragged as a text snippet to Yoink, dragging it out again would result in the code to be trimmed
- Fixes a typo in the German localization of Yoink - and that's my native language...
- The window size setting "Adjust automatically" now defaults to three items instead of one
- As part of the improved drag recognition, the red rectangle some users experienced is now a thing of the past
- Fixes memory leaks
Thank you for using Yoink and the great feedback you've been giving me.
You're cordially invited to visit my blog (http://blog.eternalstorms.at) or to follow me on twitter (@YoinkApp & @eternalstorms) if you'd like to follow the development process of my apps or get tips and tricks on how to get the most out of them.
I'm also providing a newsletter, which you can sign-up to at http://eternalstorms.at/newsletter
Thank you kindly,
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 29 June 2017
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Matthias Gansrigler
- © 2011-2017, Eternal Storms Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.3 or later, 64-bit processor