You Rule Chores
By Opposite Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You Rule is a powerful chore management app that gives parents ultimate control over family productivity while transforming kids into happy chore-doing maniacs.
You Rule’s intuitive and flexible chore-engine makes managing chores and rewards a cinch for parents.
You Rule's richly imagined game-like features gets kids super motivated to do chores. Your kids will race to get their chores done and even ask for more chores, with no parental nagging required.
With the You Rule system, getting your family on track with a solid chore routine is super easy and a lot of fun.
◀ PARENT BLOGS ARE LOVING YOU RULE ▶
“Easy to set-up, interactive, motivating and with great graphics. It’s my favorite chore app so far.” –theiphonemom.com
”Not only are the graphics ridiculously cool, the app is amazingly intuitive and super easy to use.” –coolmomtech.com
“It's fun, it's simple and more importantly, it's effective!” –moderndaymoms.com
"You Rules Chores is an impressive and potentially life-changing tool for families." -cnet.com
"You Rule Chores transforms the “woes” of chores into the “awes” in awesome by making chores a fun game with superheros, coins, and rewards.” –apps4moms.net
“You Rule Chores is a great chore management and reward system for parents which is integrated into a game to make the kids want to “play” (aka do chores!)” –ihearththisapp.com
“Besides being a great idea, the app is extremely well produced with extra-cool interface.” -apps4kids.net
"You Rule Chores is an awesome app that uses a game setting as an incentive to get kids to do chores. -appadvice.com
“Bottom Line: Terrific idea and execution...” -smartappsforkids
“You Rule Chores is an amazing app the whole family will benefit from. You may never look at chores the same way again.“ -bestappsforkids.com
You Rule is designed to work on iOS 7.0 or above.
Made for 6 players (aka kids) maximum.
Best for ages 5-11
◀ HOW IT WORKS ▶
Put You Rule on a parent's device or whoever spends the most time around the kids. Multi-device synching is not available.
Each kid gets their own character to represent them in the game.
As chores get done, the characters level-up with new powers and gadgets.
Every chore earns coins. Every coin gets kids closer to things in their wishlist (like allowance, toys or privileges).
Every week is a race to the finish line. The first one to get all the week’s chores done, Rules!
◀ EASY TO MANAGE ▶
Create your own chores or choose from our awesome list of suggested chores.
It’s simple to create and assign chores to individuals on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.
The home page view shows daily and weekly progress so you can see who’s been busy and who is slacking.
Parents have a password protected section to review, edit, create and even revoke chores.
Parents must approve access to items on the wishlist,
Set a daily reminder so chores don’t slip your mind.
◀ SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE ▶
Unusual urges to be productive
Rash of goal-setting
Increased work ethic
Feelings of accomplishment
Free-time for parents (because kids are pulling their weight)
◀ A word form the developers ▶
We want to thank our fans for all of their amazing ideas and support.
If you have any concerns with the apps performance or if you have any ideas on how to make You Rule better please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We absolutely love interacting with our audience.
What's New in Version 3.0
Updates for iOS7 and 4-inch iPhones.
It would be great to be able to use this over a family wi go / sharing so that the kids can check their progress and coins and power ups on their own devices. They love to play with the power ups but are always wanting to do it on my phone. I would love it if u could make this happen 😊
This is a promising app ... and really does work ... but I had to put 3 stars because it is still missing a few features and usability functions:
1. The help only comes at the beginning when you are setting up .. if I want to show the kids how it works, there is no help for them.
2. During setup, I can't add more children, I have ot finish the setup and then add more children.
3. I as the referee have no control over the wishlist; kids can put any number of coins on the wishlist items.
4. There should be an approve or reject chore instead of just giving me all the list to reject which can take some effort to find the one
5. Wishlist should be editable only from the referee page, and the kids can just "CHOOSE" which wishlist items they want to have, also they may suggest new wishlist items, but have to be priced by the referee and approved.
6. Redeeming wishlist items is still not clear !!!
7. When a child says they have completed a chore when they haven't there should be some sort of penelty for doing that to motivate kids not to lie about doing chores
8. My kids suggest the following characters to add: easter bunny, jack frost, sandy, santa, witch, elf, wizard, rio, angry birds.