By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPad. Catch up with your favorite channels, enjoy the world’s largest music collection, and share easily with friends. Watch the latest videos and playlists on the couch or on the go.
YouTube, your way
* Discover videos and channels with recommendations just for you
* Cast videos from your phone to Chromecast, other connected TV devices, and game consoles
* Use playlists to save, organize, and share your favorite tracks
Enjoy endless music
* Find songs you love on your new personalized music homepage
* Launch a YouTube Mix, an infinite playlist of songs with unlimited skips
* Explore the world’s music in YouTube’s massive music catalog
What's New in Version 10.31.11670
Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Awful Subscription Box
What happened to the old layout of the sub box? Now, 2 videos take up the whole screen, wasting time and space. Before you were able to simply check it by glancing over it, scanning for interesting videos. But now you have to keep on scrolling down until you find a new video that you like. On top of that, there's STILL no background play, no control over the speed of the video, and the notifications are broken as hell. I know you guys think you're making it simpler for new users, but everybody above the age of 6 would be insulted by how dumb you think we are. Before it was simple enough, but now it's just plain stupid. I literally cannot stand to go to my sub box anymore. It's ugly, it's slow, it's just plain inconveniencing.
If you leave the app during a video, then return, it PLAYS FROM THE START. The audio is out of sync, sometimes the video glitches, so that the start of it appears to be halfway through the video, and it's just awful.
Jesus Christ, there's tonnes of third-party apps that get it right, so WHY does the official one have to be this bad?
To be fair, kudos for adding in the ability to reply to replies, but why did it take so long?
...switching between apps causes the video to restart at the beginning which is incredibly frustrating when you didn't check how far along you were before leaving the app, and then have to try and find where you were up to. That and the inability to remove multiple videos at once from playlists are my only complaints.
The last update has added back some useful UI elements to make it easier to view your subscriptions. The quick list of subs in circles is basically useless, so hopefully they ditch that. The only major thing missing is a shortcut to return to the main screen. Currently you have to hit the back button multiple times if you're a few levels deep. Video playback can be a bit iffy at times, but overall this is a decent app.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: 20 August 2015
- Version: 10.31.11670
- Size: 40.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © 2015 Google Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.