Day One: Advanced IPv6 Configuration
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Day One: Advanced IPv6 Configuration is the second book in the Junos® Networking Technologies Series on IPv6. The first book, Day One: Exploring IPv6, introduced all the basics of configuring an IPv6 enabled LAN: interface addressing, static routes, neighbor discovery, and IGP routing. Now you’re ready to complete the configuration and testing tasks required to enable BGP routing in your network. You’ll learn how to set up both Internal Border Gateway Protocol (IBGP) and External Border Gateway Protocol (EBGP) with IPv6, and how to leverage native IPv6 peering. You’ll also learn how to test and verify your IPv6 BGP configurations. So roll up your sleeves and let’s get to work.
“This book is a fantastic tutorial on configuring and testing BGP routing with IPv6 on your network. It’s completely hands-on. It also covers native IPv6 peering and how to advertise IPv6 routes over IPv4 peering sessions. Highly recommended.”
Owen DeLong, IPv6 Evangelist, Hurricane Electric
IT’S DAY ONE AND YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO, SO LEARN HOW TO:
• Configure BGP for IPv6, including IBGP and EBGP using Junos.
• Understand the use of the IPv6 NLRI in MP-BGP.
• Verify the proper operation of IPv6 BGP peering.
• Use VRRP for IPv6 to add redundancy and quicker failover.
• Implement CoS on an IPv6 network.
• Explain the basics of Multicast Listener Discovery (MLD).
• Understand the wide variety of options available for systems management in IPv6.
• Set up a production IPv6 network based on the success of your testbed and the results and feedback that testbed provides.
Juniper Networks Day One books provide just the information you need to know on day one. That’s because they are written by subject matter experts who specialize in getting networks up and running. Visit www.juniper.net/dayone to peruse the complete library.
Published by Juniper Networks Books