Don't You Know Who I Used to Be?
From Manolos to motherhood
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
Julia Morris is the first to admit she does not know much, but these are some of the things she knows for sure:
- Writing a Logie speech when you are aged eight is not normal;
- Cathy Freeman is the only woman in the world who looks good in white lycra;
- $22,000 Aussie dollars converts to about 23 pounds Sterling;
- 'Overnight romance' sounds better than 'one-night stand';
- Tom Jones is not the only dark-haired Welsh man with sex appeal;
- A blue cross on a white stick WILL change your life.
DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I USED TO BE? is a delightful memoir from one of Australia's best-loved comedians about moving to the UK, frocking up, dating, getting married, giving birth to her first child and coming home...and not always wearing Manolos.
Lots of gay friends and hot shoes, but nothing of substance. Hardly even any really amusing anecdotes, and definitely no interesting scandals. I kept reading to find out if something exciting was going to happen...but it didn't.