Burgundy: Guide to the Wines of France
French Wine Guide
Approach Guides and Others
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
RECENTLY UPDATED! Wine guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides takes an in depth look at a wine region's grapes, appellations, and vintages to help you discover wines that meet your preferences. (2015)
Publisher note: The purpose of this guide is to profile the unique aspects of Burgundy's appellations and grape varieties; this guide does not profile specific producers or rate individual wines.
While all of France’s wine regions are special, Burgundy is in a class by itself. The wines are sublime, distinctive and evocative of place. However, as good as the wines are, developing an understanding the region’s complex wine landscape – derived from the extreme fragmentation of its classified vineyard area into small geographic plots – can be quite a task. Explaining this landscape and what makes the wines from each area unique is what this guidebook was designed to do.
This Approach Guide focuses on the five principal areas of Burgundy: Côte d’Or, Côte Chalonnaise, Mâconnais, Beaujolais and Yonne.
What’s in this guidebook
* Grape varieties. We describe Burgundy’s primary red and white grape varieties and where they reach their highest expressions.
* Vintage ratings. We offer a straightforward vintage ratings table, which affords high-level insight into the best and most challenging years for wine production in Burgundy.
* Appellation profiles. We provide detailed profiles of each of Burgundy’s appellations. For each appellation, this guide describes the prevailing terroir, the types of wine produced and what makes them distinctive.
* Recommendations. We mark our favorite appellations with asterisks (*) — our selections have a record for providing quality, consistency and good values.
* Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; and links are provided to the best online resources.
This guidebook’s approach is based on that of our wine app for the iPhone and iPad (www.agwine.com) and is unique: rather than tell you what specific bottle of wine to order by providing individual bottle reviews, it gives you the information you require to make informed wine choices on any list.
PRAISE FOR APPROACH GUIDES
Compulsive (and compulsively informed) travelers, the Raezers are the masterminds behind the downloadable Approach Guides, which are filled with a university course-worth of history and insights for 62 destinations worldwide. WHY WE LOVE IT: The Raezers share our desire for deep, well-researched information on the wonders of the world.
- Travel + Leisure
What started as one couple’s travel notes aimed at filling in the gaps in guidebooks has become ApproachGuides.com — a menu of downloadable travel guides that cover cultural and historical topics of interest to thoughtful travelers. What’s hot: Bite-sized travel guides that specialize in topics ranging from 29 pages on the foods of Italy to one that helps you explore the historical and architectural significance of Angkor’s famous temple structures in Cambodia.
- LA Times
- Category: Beverages
- Published: 13 September 2015
- Publisher: Www.approachguides.com
- Seller: Approach Guides LLC (Books)
- Print Length: 141 Pages
- Language: English