Oracle Primavera P6 Version 8, 15 and 16 EPPM Web Administrators Guide
Paul E. Harris
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
This publication has been written to explain the functions that an administrator must understand in order to set up and manage a Primavera P6 EPPM database.
This publication may be used to run a training course and includes exercises at the end of each chapter for the students to complete. After the course, students may use this publication as a reference book.
The book is aimed at assisting database administrators to understand how to configure and administer a P6 database after the software and databases have been installed.
The objectives of this book are to demonstrate:
1. The structure of a P6 database, 2. The P6 tools available to access, set up and administer a P6 Database, 3. The steps that should be considered when implementing a P6 database, 4. The P6 functions that an Administrator must understand in order to successfully administer a P6 EPPM database, 5. How to setup/configure a P6 Database using the Web interface, and 6. How to administer a P6 Database using the Web interface. The book is aimed at:
1. People who wish learn the software but are unable to attend a training course and find the software reference manual hard going. 2. Project management companies who wish to run their own software training courses or provide their employees with an alternative text to the vendor supplied user manual. 3. Training organizations requiring a training manual to run their own training courses. This book is a PMI Approved course and instructors PowerPoint slide shows are available to training organizations. PMI REPs may apply to have this course licensed to them and award 14 PDUs to each attendee.
Primavera Systems Inc. originally asked the author to write this book and this publication is ideal for people who would like to gain an understanding of how the software operates up to an intermediate level.
It covers the Primavera Versions 8, 15 and 16 EPPM Web tool and the book is designed to show administrators in any industry how to setup an EPPM database. It explains in plain English and in a logical sequence, the steps required to create and maintain an EPPM database. It tackles some of the more complex aspects of the software that the user manual does not address.
The book is intended to be used:
1. As a self-teach book, or 2. A user guide, or 3. A training manual for a two-day training course. This book is written by an experienced scheduler, who has used the software at the sharp end of projects and is not a techo. It draws on the author's practical experience in using the software in a wide variety of industries.
About the Author:
Paul Harris holds an Honours Degree in Civil Engineering obtained in the UK and is a Certified Cost Engineer through AACEI International, a PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner and a “Managing Successful Programmes” Registered Practitioner. He has worked in the project controls industry for a number of years and has assisted many companies in a range of industries to set up and run project controls systems. His Melbourne, Australia based company, Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, offers project controls consulting and training services worldwide with a strong focus on Microsoft Project and Primavera software.
- Category: Computers
- Published: 24 August 2016
- Publisher: Eastwood Harris
- Seller: Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd
- Print Length: 274 Pages
- Language: English