Planning and Scheduling Using Microsoft Project 2013
Paul E. Harris
This book can be downloaded and read in iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This book is designed for users of earlier versions to upgrade their skills and for new planners to learn the software. It starts with the basics required to create a schedule, through resource planning and on to the more advanced features.
Microsoft® Project 2013 is an extensive interface update from Microsoft® Project 2010 and as a result has required a significant rewrite of the author’s previous book. This book is aimed at showing project management professionals how to use the software in a project environment.
This publication was written so it may be used as:
• A training manual, or • A self-teach book, or • A user guide.
The book stays focused on the information required to create and update a schedule with or without resources using Microsoft® Project 2013 by:
• Concentrating on the core functions required to plan and control a project. • Keeping the information relevant to each topic in the appropriate chapter. • Providing a quick reference at the start of each chapter listing the chapter topics. • Providing a comprehensive index of all topics.
The book is aimed at:
• Project managers and schedulers who wish learn the software, however are unable to attend a training course, or require a reference book. • Project management companies in industries such as building, construction, oil & gas, software development, government and defence who wish to run their own software training courses or provide their employees a good practical guide to using the software. • Training organizations who require a training manual to run their own courses.
About the Author:
Paul Harris holds an Honours Degree in Civil Engineering obtained in the UK and is a Certified Cost Engineer through AACE International, a certified PRINCE2™ practitioner and Approved PRINCE2™ Trainer. He has worked in the project controls industry for a number of years and has assisted many companies in a range of industries to set up and run project controls systems. His Melbourne, Australia based company, Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, offers project controls consulting and training services with a strong focus on Microsoft and Primavera software.
- Category: Computers
- Published: 14 July 2014
- Publisher: Eastwood Harris
- Seller: Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd
- Print Length: 404 Pages
- Language: English