Steve Biddulph's Raising Boys
Why Boys Are Different- and How to Help Them Become Happy and Well-Balanced Men
This book can be downloaded and read in Apple Books on your Mac or iOS device.
A phenomenal bestseller across the world, Raising Boys has helped millions of parents to understand what makes boys tick, from babyhood right through to adulthood.
In this easy-to-read updated book, Steve Biddulph shares powerful stories and gives practical advice about every aspect of boyhood. Warm and funny, it reveals clear and surprising insights into the latest discoveries about boys’ brains, the different stages they go through, and how to make home, school, sport and friendship work well for them.
• How to raise a son who is happy, confident, and kind-hearted.
• The three stages of boyhood and how to make them go smoothly.
• How testosterone changes behaviour and what to do about it.
• Why boys’ brains are different.
• The five essentials that fathers provide (and what to do if you’re a single mum).
• How mothers teach boys about life and love.
• Eight things to look for in a good school for boys.
• How to keep teenage boys safe in body and mind.
About the author:
As a family psychologist for 25 years, Steve Biddulph worked with boys and their families in every kind of trouble. In 2001 he left this work to campaign full-time for a better world for parents and children. His books are found in three million homes around the world, and tens of thousands of parents have attended his popular talks. Steve lives in Tasmania’s Tamar Valley, and has two grown children, a boy and a girl.
I have seven boys 5-18years. Steven's book has been an insightful delight to read making me laugh and cry at different stages. I can identify with all of it.
As a Dad I am still on a journey to give my sons a better upbringing than I had as a boy.
Steve thanks for helping me continue to understand.