Internal U - Building a Digital Curriculum
by Township High School District 214
This course material is only available in the iTunes U app on iPhone or iPad.
This blended course will help teachers explore the options for building an interactive, digital curriculum for their classroom through the use of Moodle, Google Apps, free Web 2.0 tools for education, District 214 subscription websites, and Apple’s iBook program.
For this course, participants will need to be familiar with all of the standard tools offered in Google Apps for Education.
The entire course will be completed online, though several of our meetings will take place face-to-face in a computer lab. The course will be run through an interactive Moodle Page created by the instructors and will include the following topics:
1. Article reviews on learning in the Digital Age
2. Using and crating Digital Texts
3. Creating Interactive Assessments online
4. Developing lessons for the classroom - student centered vs teacher centered
Participants will be graded on the following:
2. Blog posts
3. Completing assignments based on the four points above
4. A final project