** Affinity Designer for iPad supports iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad (early 2017 onwards). Please note that older iPads are not supported. **
Affinity Designer is the fastest, smoothest, most precise vector graphic design software available for the iPad. Whether you’re working on graphics for marketing materials, websites, icons, UI design or just like creating cool concept art, Affinity Designer will revolutionize how you work.
Everything you would expect from your professional graphic design software that you can just pick up and take wherever you go, totally free from the confines of your desk. Welcome to your new reality.
Built with input from some of the world’s leading designers and based on Apple Design Award-winning technology, Affinity Designer for iPad takes all the power and precision of our outstanding desktop app and converts it into a stunning immersive experience.
Optimised for iPad
• Metal-accelerated to achieve blazing-fast performance.
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt and angle, Affinity Designer harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil.
• Full iCloud drive integration allows for seamless file management, storage and sharing.
• Panning and zooming is always live at 120fps.
• Live gradients, transforms, effects and adjustments.
• Live pixel and retina view of vector artwork, wireframe view, split screen mode.
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design.
Perfect colour and output
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB and Grayscale colour models.
• Full 16-bit per channel editing.
• End-to-end ICC colour management.
• Advanced Lanczos 3 image resampling plus Bicubic, Bilinear and Nearest Neighbor methods.
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to.
• Live effects, blend modes, image adjustments, and raster and vector masks for any part of your design.
• Use the strengths of vector and raster behaviours for the best of both worlds.
• The best pen tool, pencil tool, corner tool, curve editing, geometry operations, and smart shape tools available.
• High quality raster tools for texturing, masking and finishing artwork. Create your own brushes too.
• Artboards, symbols, constraints and stored assets give the ultimate flexibility for UI and graphic design.
- Support for new iPad Pro.
- Support for new Apple Pencil.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this app. Finally a true vector app for the iPad. It is well equipped with features.
Sometimes essential features are a bit to deeply hidden in the interface.
App is a bit slow due to my old hardware, and complex documents, but would be beter on a more recent device.
And the way it handles iCloud files is a mess. Need to constantly open and close files to sync them with edits made on the mac. Why can’t you just use the document view, like in pages. I believe it is a system api. That way I could manage my documents just like it works on the mac in finder. The way it ‘s now made me lose some valuable edits, because, although the files where synced to iPad, this app opened a old version of the files. The way it’s designed make you think it is closed, but instead, the old file is still loaded in memory.
For the rest I love this app.
Desktop-class toolset, clumsy to use.
Good vector drawing app with many pixel tools. True desktop toolset on a mobile device, with smart touch optimisations.
But all these palets take up space, or you end up opening and closing them a lot. Features essential to me like renaming or locking a layer are hidden too deep, take too much tabs. You can’t customise the UI to hide all panels your workflow doesn’t require.
Clumsy Cloud file management. No roundtrip edits between desktop and mobile, you need to close and reopen a file to “refresh” it after you modified it on desktop.
Insane storage usage: 5gb for a few vector drawings plus reference photos.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review, I'll pass your comments through to the relevant team :)
A lot of glitches
Hey guys, first off.. wooow... what a fantastic programm/app. I am extremely greatfull to get rid of the restraints adobe has pushed on designers/artist/hobbyists.
But i am getting a lot glitches.. delay on the brushes.. malfunction of the pen tool also with delay. When i zoom out, it doesnt place a node but takes a neighbouring node instead. It freezes a lot. So much that im used to switching between tools to go back to the tool that is needed. Drawing circles on a grid is with delay so i cant place it where needed. And so on.. that being said... thank you for pushing this through! I am a fan and will continue the use of it.
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 907.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Serif (Europe) Ltd
- 21,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.