Dictionary German Spelling by PONS
By PONS GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The unbeatable app for German spelling with 140,000 keywords.
Are you sometimes unsure how to spell a word?
Or do you often write texts in which you cannot afford to make mistakes?
The comprehensive reference tool from PONS gives reliable answers to all your questions on German spelling – in everyday life, at school or at work.
You can test this and all other PONS dictionary apps before you buy them. Simply download the free PONS Dictionary Library app.
Who can benefit in particular from this app?
• Anyone who occasionally wants to double-check for the correct spelling.
• Anyone who wants to write correctly at all times.
• Anyone who is interested in and enjoys grammar and spelling.
About the contents:
• More than 140,000 keywords providing comprehensive coverage of German vocabulary
• With foreign words and Anglicisms, including vocabulary from various specialist fields
• With over 500,000 notes on pronunciation, meaning, hyphenation, style and alternative spellings
• With detailed information about the German spelling rules
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality. You do not incur any roaming charges.
• Look-up without typing: You don’t even have to type it, but you can simply enter the search word in your own handwriting. Your search word will appear in the search box as a suggestion.
• Any words you copy from a different application (e.g. on the Internet) are imported directly into the app’s search box and the relevant dictionary entry is displayed.
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for. The anagram search is an additional function that enables you to search for words with the same letters but in a different order.
• Vocabulary lists: Add words that you want to learn to your ‘Vocabulary lists’. Use the vocabulary list quiz as a quick and effective way to learn the words!
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
• Pronunciation: Listen to numerous headwords spoken by native speakers.
• Jump from one entry to another
• Individual settings. Use the range of options like defining the text size.
• Use the history function to call up your last 100 word searches again – at a click.
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services such as the www.pons.eu language portal.
More PONS products are available on: www.pons.de
Also on www.twitter.com/pons_eu and www.facebook.com/PONSverlag
© Denis Junker - Fotolia.com
What's New in Version 3.37
* Sound also works in “Do Not Disturb” mode
Customers Also Bought
- 9,99 €
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 16 December 2013
- Version: 3.37
- Size: 73.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: PONS GmbH
- © 2013 PONS GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.