Top-selling dictionary app since 2008 • Every translation you need plus verb conjugations in all tenses • No internet connection required.
"For serious language students and translators who are looking for more precision." - The New York Times
Featured by Apple as "What's Hot" and "Staff Favorite"
"It is a very easy to use, tremendously helpful and valuable addition for learning the language and traveling. I have found it a pleasure to use and it has exceeded my expectations in every way and has not yet let me down in any way. A terrific app."
"I bought this dictionary in August 2010, and six months later in February 2011 I still use this Ultralingua dictionary daily. I am majoring in French and I find this dictionary very accurate and helpful. $19.99 may seem more than other French dictionaries out there, but this one is great because it doesn't require an Internet connection and it provides thousands of words. I highly recommend this dictionary."
Ultralingua makes apps for people who love languages. Our French-English dictionary has all the definitions and translations you need, along with extra features that help you get the most out of the dictionary.
The verb conjugation tool has complete conjugations for thousands of verbs in all standard forms, and the number translator converts numerals into French or English text instantly.
• Over 85,000 entries with 270,000 translations
• Tap-and-hold any word or phrase and choose "Speak" from the popup menu to hear that word spoken using Apple's built-in text-to-speech feature.
• Noun genders
• Slang, technical language, and regional differences in spelling and usage
• Hundreds of usage notes about troublesome constructions
• Smart search finds results in case you misspell or mistype
• Search-as-you-go displays words and narrows your selection as you type
• Conjugations for thousands of French and English verbs
• Includes all standard tenses and forms
• Smart search finds root words and catches misspellings
• Must-have reference tool for any student or language professional
• Conjugate a verb from the dictionary results by tapping it
• Translate numerals into French and English text with the number tool
• Language swapper button to switch from French-English to English-French
• Tap the history button to view the 50 most recent dictionary definitions, verb conjugations, and more in one place. Sort the list alphabetically or by date, and choose to clear the list completely or delete one entry at a time.
• No internet connection required
• Change your device settings to view the app display in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, or German
This universal app will run on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, so you can purchase it once and load it onto all your devices. The iPad and iPhone/iPod touch versions look and behave differently to give you a great experience on every device you own. The interface will change, but you’ll always have the same outstanding language data and tools inside.
Dictionaries are available from Ultralingua for many languages, including combinations of English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German, and more. See what else we have to offer by searching for Ultralingua in the App Store.
Follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook for app news, language learning tips, and more:
• Updated for iOS 11 and iPhone X
• Data improvements
• Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
No possibility to merge dictionaries
If you buy for instance English Thesaurus and an English translation dictionary, they won't merge. So in your translation, you will have just a short description; if you want more, you have to close the app and do another search in the other thesaurus dictionary... Also it won't be possible to do translations between more than 2 languages in the same app. A serious drawback for me. Consider it before buying.
French-English Translation Dictionary by Ultralingua
Très bon produit pour des personnes qui ne connaissent par la langues et pour se dépanner à l'étranger.Possibilité Anglais>Français et Français > Anglais.
I am learning French, currently I am level B2. I have given this app maximum points because it does very well what it does, besides some missing features.
It has already improved with the first update when they bettered user interface and added history funtionality; thus I have great hopes for future updates.
As a French-English dictionary and vice versa, it is of great value when compared to paper Robert Collins Pratique, or when compared to Le Petit Robert French dictionary on CD, or when compared to Franklin Prestige electronic translator device; I own all these and value per price is the best with ultralingua for iPhone.
Enough with praise, so what is missing. As one reviewer said antonyms and synonyms from thesaurus should be available right there if one has bought that part as well. jumping from one app to another is not as easy on iPhone as it is on desktop.
I wish there would be some kind of database of French phrases searchable like the list of verbs for conjugation. You can see the phrase if you enter one word from the phrase in the dictionary part, but I would like to we phrases as a separate part as well.
Then I would like to be able to turn off the conjugation of English verbs, since I don't use that feature. it bothers me that sometimes when I go to conjugation part it starts with English conjugation.
And lastly since all requests go to ultralingua servers it would nice to see what French words or phrases are the most looked for per day or per week.
- Ultralingua, Inc.
- 22.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Ultralingua, Inc. 2018
- 16,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.