Unlock your creative potential! Discover how to easily turn any Sun, Moon and Milky Way scene you imagine into a real picture… and start shooting truly legendary photos every time you pick up the camera!
Whether your passion is to capture beautiful landscapes, immortalize the infinite night sky, surprise the bride and the groom in their happiest day... or to travel the world, PhotoPills will make you love exploring new artistic possibilities to tell visual stories in a way it wasn’t possible before.
* All in one app
PhotoPills is your iPhone and iPad personal assistant in all photographic matters. It provides tasty remedies to answer most of the questions when planning and shooting your creative ideas:
- The First 2D Map-Centric Planner: Sun, Moon, Milky Way
- Sun, Moon Alignments Fast Finder
- 3D Augmented Reality: Sun, Moon, Milky Way, Celestial Equator, Polaris, DoF, FoV
- Photo Plans Manager
- Location Scouting Tool
- Key information: Sunrise/set, Twilights, Golden Hour, Blue Hour, Moonrise/set, Supermoon dates, Moon Calendar
- Calculators: Long Exposure, Timelapse, Spot Stars, Star Trails, Hyperfocal Table, DoF, FoV
- Widgets: Sun, Moon, Milky Way
- PhotoPills Awards… and much more!
* Endorsed by Masters
“PhotoPills is an invaluable tool which I use every time I plan a shoot.” – Mark Gee, Astronomy Photographer of the Year.
“A tool every photographer should have.” – Kevin Raber, Luminous-landscape.com.
“It pays off! Using such a tool ensures that we are repeatedly capable of quickly planning powerful shots; leaving maximum opportunity for more creative ruminations.” – José B. Ruiz, Innovation Award, Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
* How it works
Have you ever walked around a place and thought: "What a pity the Moon isn't EXACTLY right there... I would have captured a great photo!"? What about the Sun? And the Milky Way? Well, now you can let your imagination fly and calculate when this specific magic moment happens in just a few seconds:
- IMAGINE: the Milky Way arching over a powerful landscape, a giant full Moon appearing from behind a nearby hill or a sunset between two rocks on a magic beach... The only limit is your imagination!
- PLAN: easily calculate the exact date and time the scene you’ve imagined happens. Work smarter, not harder!
- SHOOT: just get out there, immerse yourself in the great outdoors, and enjoy living and capturing unique moments.
* Become a Legend
Because we know the huge amount of time, energy and love you put in your photos. We want to HONOR them, SHOW them to the World, and REWARD you with up to $6,600 in cash prizes. It's easy and FREE! Just submit your creative photos from PhotoPills and join the Legacy!
* Never waste an unmissable scene again
Create a To-Do list of planned photos and get to the location on time.
* Get it right
Adjust your frame for the best composition before you shoot. Use the 3D Augmented Reality Views to see whether Sun, Moon and Milky Way will be at the desired position when pressing the shutter.
* Explore, discover great places and create your own database of locations
If you come across a location you’d like to remember, save it as a Point of Interest.
* Enjoy all daily information in just one swipe with the Widgets
Just swipe down from the top of the screen to get all the Sun, Moon and Milky Way events for your current location and date, in addition to your upcoming photo plans.
* Get more than an app
Our goal is not only to help you plan your shots, but also to help you nail them. Whenever you need help, take a look at our How-To articles and videos, join our free online courses or just contact us!
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take PhotoPills – you stay in Wonderland and we show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. Remember: all we’re offering are Legendary Photos and Goosebumps in your skin, nothing more.”
- Start planning your Field of View (FoV) and Depth of Field (DoF) with the Planner!
- Field of View (FoV): Visualize the Field of View on the map of the Planner based on your camera and camera settings. Or change your Field of View directly on the map to adjust the frame and find out the focal length you need.
- Depth of Field (DoF): Visualize the Depth of Field, focus distance and the hyperfocal distance on the map of the Planner. So you know where to focus to get the DoF you need in the photo.
- How to enable the FoV or DoF tool on the map? Go to the Planner. Tap on the Map Settings button (on the map, bottom right corner, next to the “+” button). Tap on Map tool (right after Map type). And choose Field of View or Depth of Field.
- Bug fixes.
Please, If you find a bug (or have a suggestion), send us an email to email@example.com and we'll fix it as soon as possible :)
Imagine. Plan. Shoot!
Ratings and Reviews
Very powerful app
I am very happy with my purchase, this app has a lot of value for astro and landscape photographers. It does have learning curve because it is packed with functions, so make sure you watch their official YouTube videos in time before your first shooting. Their app support in email is the best I ever experienced, they replied to all my questions also confirmed that some of my suggestions of missing features are in the pipeline for 2017 (like light pollution info). Also very nice the iPad (planning at home) to iPhone (execution on site) iCloud sync of saved data. Highly recommended purchase if you wanna plan Milky Way (or Sun/Moon) photos (which you should if you are a little bit serious about it).
I use it mostly to find the milky way when necessary
Great, powerfull and practical
Great app for getting your photography to the next level! Plan your shoots with great precision. You know exactly when and where the next full moon, sunset or sunrise will be, and thanks to the virtual reality you know exactly where to stand. Lots of fun and very practical!
- PhotoPills S.L.
- 60.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2015 PhotoPills, SL. All rights reserved.
- 10,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.