Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SampSize is an application to assist in the design of clinical trials by calculating the sample size using inputs provided by the user.
Features calculations for:
- Normal and binary endpoints
- Parallel and crossover designs
- Superiority, Non-Inferiority, Equivalence, Bio-equivalence and Precision objectives
SampSize calculates either the required sample size for a desired power, or calculates the power of a trial for a given sample size. It allows users to specify inputs such as significance level, power, mean difference (or limit), standard deviation, and the allocation ratio.
Developed in collaboration with Dr Steven A Julious, Medical Statistics Group, School of Health and Related Research, The University of Sheffield.
- Julious, SA. Sample sizes for clinical trails. Chapman and Hall, 2009.
- Julious, S. J. (2004). Tutorial in Biostatistics: Sample sizes for clinical trials with Normal Data. Statistics in Medicine, 23, 1921-86.
- Julious, S. A. & Campbell, M. J. (2012). Tutorial in biostatistics: sample sizes for parallel group clinical trials with binary data. Statistics in Medicine, doi:10.1002/sim.5381.
- Julious SA & Owen R. Sample size calculations for non-inferiority studies with binary outcomes. Statistical Methods in Medical Research (DOI: 10.1177/0962280210378945).
- Julious SA. An introduction to statistics in early phase trials. Wiley, 2010.
What's New in Version 1.1.4
- NI trials now allow the two treatments to be the same for binary calculations.