SketchBook Express for iPad
By Autodesk Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Autodesk SketchBook® Express for iPad is a fun and intuitive drawing application. Get a taste of the SketchBook Pro experience with SketchBook Express.
Use professional-grade tools and brushes to create doodles, quick sketches or artwork on-the-go.
Full Screen work space with support for any device orientation
• Screen resolution canvas
• Two finger pan & zoom navigation with 2500% zoom
• Three finger tap for controls
• Three finger swipe gestures for quick access
High Quality Brushes and Tools:
• Professional-grade paint engine delivers smooth and precise brush strokes
•15 preset brushes, including pencils, pens, markers and Fill Tool
•SketchBook Store to purchase brush packs
• Draw styles for creating straight lines, rectangles, and circles
• Dynamic symmetric drawing
• 3 Layers allowing easy build up of a drawing
• Import layers from Photo Library
• Duplicate, Merge and Reorder Layers
• Move, scale, and rotate layers interactively using Multi-Touch
• Toggle visibility and adjust Layer Opacity
• Create text with a variety of fonts, colors, sizes and placement.
• Color Wheel with HSB and RBG color space
• Eye-dropper color selection
• Store and view work in progress
• Export to Photo Library
• Browse images in full-screen mode
• Option to set iCloud as default location to save canvases
• Controls in Gallery to upload or download from iCloud
• Built-in SketchBook News panel for live info about Sketching events and announcements
What's New in Version 2.9.1
Wacom stylus vs sketchbook pro
I just bought a wacom intuos creative stylus 2 and have testing its compatibility with sketchbook pro on the I pad.
Here are some of my findings:
Wacoms palm rejection seems to interfere with features as rotating or scaling your canvas, both multi gesture features. Where it's almost impossible to work without those two features the Wacom stylus immediately loses one of its key features.
It also seems that the accuracy of the pen is much more precise with apps like bamboo paper and even sketchbook express, which seems a little strange to me.
Next it seems that it's not possible to set shortcut commands for the two buttons the Wacom intuos creative stylus 2 has.
I hope my findings will help to improve the sketchbook pro app, as I always thought it was one of the leading creative softwares in the business.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 08 April 2014
- Version: 2.9.1
- Size: 36.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Autodesk
- © Autodesk Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Brushes0,99 €
- Art Brushes0,99 €
- Stamp Brushes0,99 €