Teacher Tools - Who's Next?
van Naaptime Software
Open iTunes om apps te kopen en te downloaden.
Do the same one or two hands always pop up when you ask a question in your classroom? The Teacher Tools - Who's Next? app will shake things up for your class by allowing you to call on students randomly and even create randomized work groups!
Grab the app today to start realizing the benfits of random calling and random groups in your classroom immediately. Benefits include:
- Makes all students in the class accountable for the lesson information at all times.
- Eliminates any possible bias; no students will be called on too little or too much.
- Saves time when splitting class into groups for assignments.
- Helps with classroom management by not allowing students to pick their own groups.
- Simple to set up, takes just a couple of minutes to create a class and enter student names.
- Great way to use technology in the classroom and keep students engaged.
Calling on students randomly has been proven to have positive effects on learning by holding everyone equally accountable for the lesson. But implementing this differentiated instruction in the classroom is often a pain since it requires teachers to assign numbers to each pupil or number the desks, and then find a method for generating random numbers.
The Teacher Tools - Who's Next app makes the process simple! Just take a couple of minutes to set up your classes in the app, and you can start calling on students randomly any time in just seconds. To call the next student, just shake your iPhone or iPod Touch or tap a button on the screen. No one will be called on to little or too much and everyone will be participating in the lesson, knowing they can be called on at any time.
Do you draw a blank when it's time to break students up into groups? The app also allows you to create random groups to make group work quicker and help with classroom management by making sure the same students don't always work together. Just choose the class and the number of groups you want to break the class into, and a list of the groups will appear. The groups are even given optional names that can help spark students' creativity.
Wat is er nieuw in versie 2.0
Ok, get ready for a big update with great new features suggested by our users!
Here's what's new:
- Added ability to mark students as present/absent using on/off switches in student list. Absent students won't be called or placed in groups. Use "Set all ON" button to quickly reset entire class to present.
- Added ability to choose how to create groups: specify number of groups or specify number of students per group.
- Added student detail page where you can add student photos and edit names. Student photos appear on screen during random calling. Tap a student's name in the student list to view their detail page.
- Fixed bug, last names are now automatically capitalized when creating a new student.
Thanks for all the great feedback!
If you're using the app in your classroom, please leave a review on the app store to let us know how it's going and help other teachers find out about the app.