TouchOSC is a modular OSC and MIDI control surface for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad by hexler.
It supports sending and receiving Open Sound Control and MIDI messages over Wi-Fi and CoreMIDI inter-app communication and compatible hardware.
The application allows to remote control and receive feedback from software and hardware that implement the OSC or MIDI protocols such as Apple Logic Pro/Express, Ableton Live, Renoise, Pure Data, Max/MSP/Jitter, Max for Live, OSCulator, VDMX, Resolume Avenue/Arena, Modul8, Plogue Bidule, NI Traktor, NI Reaktor, Quartz Composer, Supercollider, vvvv, Derivative TouchDesigner, Isadora and many others.
The interface provides a number of customizable touch controls to send and receive messages:
Faders / Rotary controls / Encoder controls / Push buttons / Toggle buttons / XY pads / Multi-faders / Multi-push / Multi-toggles / Multi-xy pads / LEDs / Labels / Time & battery displays
Additionally the program can send Accelerometer data. The application comes with example layouts and completely custom layouts can be constructed using the free TouchOSC Editor application.
Please browse to http://hexler.net/touchosc for more information, video demonstrations and download the free layout editor application for OS X, Windows and Linux and the free TouchOSC Bridge utility to easily control any MIDI-capable application on your computer.
- Sending and receiving OSC/UDP port numbers can now be the same
- Added option to send all OSC messages as bundles with timestamps
- Added XY/Multi-XY background and outline options
- Added "Help" button to "Settings" screen
- Added dedicated Tab bar labels
- Added option to send XY / Multi-XY control values in reversed order
- Added option to disable/enable Push button control push/release messages separately
- Minor improvements and bug fixes
Be sure to also update to the newest version of the TouchOSC Editor and TouchOSC Bridge at https://hexler.net/touchosc#downloads
If you enjoy the app and would like to see more free updates and continued development, please consider leaving a review! Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
missing important features
- No step encoders
- No possibility to save/recall presets (settings)
- No detection of MIDI on Bluetooth. It’s required to run an app as Garageband, to link the MIDI via bluetooth, to be able to use it on touchosc. Very bad.
- Not any reading from MIDI, in order to light real LEDs or counters etc
This used to be the best
But nowadays you cannot possibly expect people to have java6 installed on their mac. The companion app won't start, and java6 is no longer installable on modern macs.
Works great!!! Logic under control! I love it. Works with ableton and traktor like a charm. Looks like I saved a lot of money on controllers! Thanks guys!!! P.S. Who wants my novation nocturn? :)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.