By David Wilson
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TrafficCamNZ Free gives you the power to load any Internet web camera that you want to look at. A default list of more than 50 cameras is provided, you can then find and add your own.
TrafficCamNZ Free is limited to displaying 4 images (6 on iPad) - this can be any 4 (6 on iPad) images of your choosing. Apple iAd advertising is included. To display more than four images and without advertising you need TrafficCamNZ (the paid for version) this can be downloaded from the AppStore.
TrafficCamNZ displays internet accessable pictures of Traffic Cameras. You could use it for any image, even weather maps.
Images you choose as "Featured" are downloaded and setup side by side so that you can swipe across the screen to view multiple images quickly.
TrafficCamNZ works over the cellular network though it works best with WiFi because, usually, it's faster!
The application comes pre-configured with a small selection of Traffic Cameras from around the world. You can turn those off and turn on the other cameras or add your own specific cameras.
* Pictures are displayed in the order they are received so the image arrangement may be different every time you run the application or refresh
* You will be downloading pictures over your a WiFi or 3G connection - they may be large - you should monitor your network traffic usage
* Images are not cached, if you recieve an image that isn't right (i.e. daylight when you know it is night time, it may be that the camera is not functioning)
* Sometimes the traffic camera pictures are not up-to-date on the internet. You may see night puictures when it is supposed to be daylight or perhaps pictures don't change. TrafficCamNZ has no control over that.
* Flick through the loaded images with your finger
* Full screen image display for one image with pinch/zoom
* Load your own web images by specifying a World Wide Web URL, and test before saving
* Free version available, loads up to 4 images or 6 on iPad
* Full version available, loads up to 19 images or 44 on iPad
* Choose your own list of images to display up to the application limit
* Comes loaded with a selection of Traffic Cameras from around the world. Edit the preferences to turn on the display or turn off the display of the pre-loaded cameras. Remember you cannot display more than four at any one time (or six on iPad) with the free version.
* Scroll through all of the new images (more than three) in the indexed table view.
* Tap the image in the main window to display it full screen, tap again for it to go away
What's New in Version 1.6.5
New in this version
A bit of a catch up.
• Launch Images updated
• Updated with 64bit support
• Bug fix for potential crash when attempting to return image data to a screen that no longer exists
• Fixes an issue when displaying All Images - the correct initial image is shown now
• Other minor changes
• Added support for larger devices
• Minimum iOS is 7.1
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 19 December 2015
- Version: 1.6.5
- Size: 18.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: David Wilson
- © David G. Wilson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.