A Trip to Okinawa 4: The Island of the Bases & Trip for Memorials for iPad
By DEEP KICK.com
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to the 4th installment of Kaoru Hayashi's Okinawa Photobook, A Trip to Okinawa 4: The Island of the Bases and Trip for Memorials.
This product isn't a comprehensive guidebook to Okinawa; rather, it's a collection of just 54 photographs on the theme of "Touring the Bases and War-related Sites" taken during the author's own travels around Okinawa Main Island.
Each photograph is accompanied by an explanation reflecting the author's own insights. Most are accompanied by a map (internet connection required) indicating where each photograph was taken.
The author's hope is that it both serves as a reference for travel to Okinawa and inspires people to want to learn more about Okinawa.
* Tap or pinch the thumbnail images below the contents screen to display the full-screen photos.
* Flick or tap the side of the full-screen photo to move next contents.
* Pinch close the full-screen photo to go back the contents screen.
* Tap the center of the full-screen photo to display the captions. Tap the screen again to go back the full-screen photo.
* If there is the map button at the upper-right corner of the caption screen, you can see the photographing place on the mapview. (Only internet connection)
The information included in this application was accurate at the time of writing. Please be aware that things may change in the future.
[About the author, Kaoru Hayashi]
Writer, Photographer and iOS app developer based in Kyoto.
Born in Kobe in 1972.
Admitted to the University of the Ryukyus in 1991, having first set foot on Okinawa for the entrance exams. Toured Okinawan battlefields, visited U.S. military bases, snorkeled, drank "awamori," and generally fell in love with Okinawa's culture, nature, and history.
Founded DEEP KICK.com in 2000 and began working as an independent web designer/programmer.
2012, moved from Tokyo to Kyoto for enjoying Kyoto life and photographs.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
This version was developed to access the contents by flicking and pinching easily.