By Bogdans Sahajevs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WordOut Lite is a fun word game similar to Catch-Phrase. You can play it with 4 or more players in two teams (A & B) who sit in a circle alternating A-B-A-B, etc. just like you see on the app icon.
Play catch-phrase, review recent games and words, look them up on Wikipedia immediately!
In WordOut Lite we tried to make the best use of iPhone's touch screen capabilities:
- When your teammates have guessed the word correctly, swipe the screen horizontally to switch to the next word
- If you’re having a hard time explaining a word, you can skip it by swiping the screen vertically
- Database contains over 2,000 words and phrases
- You can turn certain word categories On or Off
- You can review history of games with scores, list of words played, you can see which words where guessed and which ones were skipped.
- You can lookup words from previus games on Wikipedia / Wiktionary by simply clicking on it in your game history
- Check your preparedness for GRE exams: select the GRE word list!
What's New in Version 2.5
- Removed a dialog that used to appear when user clicked "Start Game" for the 1st time
- Added an image that shows every time app loads and shows a short explanation of buttons, then slides away.
- Added "Review last game" button that shows after each game and then slides away.