10 Laps around Silverlight 5
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
This ebook collects all 10 parts of SilverlightShow.net article series '10 Laps around Silverlight 5 series'. This resource, authored by Silverlight MVP and Silverlight insider Michael Crump, is a complete guide to all new features of Silverlight 5, with uptodate code samples, demos and valuable references.
I’m sure you have seen a lot of Silverlight 5 information on the web and are wondering what makes this ebook different, so I will go ahead and tell you.
* Individual blog posts about Silverlight 5 are scattered all over the internet, it takes time to research and find relevant information. In this ebook, all information will be grouped together and easily referenced.
* Post-beta, Microsoft changed RichTextBox to RichTextBlock. Many samples on the web are still showing the old version and have never been updated.
* Breaking changes in Silverlight 5 that have happened recently will be included.
* I am a Silverlight MVP / Silverlight Insider and XAML Advocate. I have spent the last few years of my life specializing in Silverlight and sharing the information to others.
Table of contents:
1. Introduction to SL5 – This post which provides a brief history of Silverlight and relevant links.
2. Binding - Ancestor Relative Source Binding and Implicit Data Templates.
3. Graphics –XNA 3D API and Improved Graphics Stack.
4. Media - Low-Latency Sound using XNA and Remote Control and Media Command (Keys) Support.
5. Text - Text Tracking and Leading, Linked and Multi-column Text, OpenType Support, Pixel Snapped Text and TextOptions.
6. Operating System Integration Part 1 - P/Invoke, Multiple Windows and Unrestricted File System Access in Full Trust.
7. Operating System Integration Part 2 - Default Filename for SaveFileDialog, 64-bit browser support and Power Awareness.
8. Productivity and Performance - XAML Binding Debugging, Parser Performance Improvements and Multi-core JIT for improved start-up time.
9. Controls - Double and Triple click support, PivotViewer and ComboBox Type-Ahead.
10. Other items - In-Browser HTML, PostScript and Tasks for TPL.