Atomium: Periodic Table
By Henri Hansen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you are working on the Large Hadron Collider at CERN and Stephen Hawking is among your best friends, then this is the reference you always dreamed of.
Or if you are looking for some help with with your science project or homework, then Atomium is what you are looking for. By the way, with Atomium installed on your iPhone or iPod touch you can easily impress your science teacher…
The idea to create a version of Atomium taking into account the specific needs of students during school and college evolved in close cooperation with teachers in natural science branches. That's why a simple to use and clearly laid out tool was created, by taking as a starting point the regular version of Atomium Pro and by eliminating from its huge database any data exceeding the context of natural science in a school context.
As a matter of fact, all the features which make Atomium Pro so successful and popular among the scientific community are also present in this edition of Atomium:
• Regroups all important properties of the chemical elements in an easy accessible table. Among the listed properties are the following:
Atomic number - Atomic weight - State at 298K - Natural occurrence - Classification - Group - Period - Block - Group name - Element category - Isotopes (Atomic weight, Natural abundance, Half life) - Color - Date of discovery - Dangerous subst. directive - Radioactive - Melting point - Boiling point - Thermal conductivity - Coefficient of linear thermal expansion - Density of solid - Molar volume - Velocity of sound - Specific heat capacity - Hardness - Electrical resistivity - Electronegativity - Reflectivity - Refractive index - Electronic configuration - Shell structure - Valence - Ionization states - 1. Ionization energy - Radius empirical & calculated - Abundence universe & earth - Link to Wikipedia.
• Huge list of constants which are frequently used in scientific exercises. The constants included are from the following topics: General - Physical - Chemical - Atomic & Nuclear - Astrophysical. Please visit the homepage of Atomium for a complete listing of all the constants.
• 9 different color-schemes, each one representing a different property of the elements in the periodic table making it easy to visualize and investigate periodic trends.
• Several different languages are included notably: English, French and German.
• Since Atomium maintains all the information in a local database, no network connection is required to work properly.
For an extended description including numerous screen-shots follow the link indicated below.
What's New in Version 3.0
• Added new element names
• Added support for iPhone 5
• Fixed minor bugs
Customers Also Bought
- 0,99 €
- Category: Education
- Updated: 23 August 2013
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Developer: Henri Hansen
- © 2009-2013 Henri Hansen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.