Coca-Cola Heritage Timeline
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The history of Coca-Cola is a story of special moments -- times with family and friends and special occasions when Coke was naturally there. Every person who drinks a
Coca-Cola enjoys a moment of refreshment -- and shares in an experience that millions of others have savored. And all of those individual experiences combined have created a worldwide phenomenon - a truly global brand that plays its own small part on the world stage.
Did you know that Coca-Cola advertising helped create the modern image of Santa Claus? Or that Norman Rockwell and N.C. Wyeth both painted for Coca-Cola, creating a beloved vision of mid-century American life? You might remember the 1971 television commercial in which young people gathered on a hilltop in Italy to sing "I'd Like To Buy The World A Coke," a counterpoint to turbulent times. Were you watching TV in July 1985 when Coca-Cola was the first soft drink consumed in space? Or maybe you saw the international exhibit of oversized Coke bottles, some more than 10 feet tall, featuring the folk art of more than 70 countries.
The Heritage Timeline includes detail images and information about:
- Coca-Cola's beginnings
- The first advertisements
- The evolution of the contour bottle
- The growth of additional brands to over 400 in the world today
- Coke's continued role in worldwide sports events
- The newest campaigns and vending machines
Also highlighted are videos of:
- Early bottling line footage
- The worldwide hit TV ad "I'd Like To Buy The World A Coke"
- Interview with Mean Joe Greene about his famous commercial
- The "Happiness Machine" that won CLIO's 2010 Gold Interactive Award
What's New in Version 2.1
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: 29 May 2012
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 29.8 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: The Coca-Cola Company
- © The Coca-Cola Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.