By James Mattis
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Foto Shaker facilitates using the iPhone camera to create distorted, slit-scan, or Lartigue style photos.
Because the iPhone camera does not have a physical shutter, but rather scans through the CMOS sensor over a period of time, it is possible to create a variety of blur and distortion effects by shaking or twisting the camera while taking a photo.
Foto Shaker simplifies the process of creating these effects by triggering the camera to take a picture when the built-in accelerometer detects a shake or twist motion.
- Twist. Triggers the camera shutter when the iPhone is twisted about an axis. Works best for creating distortion effects.
- Shake. Triggers the camera shutter when the iPhone is shaken in any direction. Works best for blur effects.
Level sets the acceleration level required to trigger the camera shutter.
1. Keep twisting or shaking the camera for a few seconds after the shutter sound is triggered.
2. It is easier to create distorted photos in bright sunlight where the shutter speed is faster.
3. If the subject is moving, only a very small amount of camera motion is required to generate a distortion effect. A very low trigger level is best.
4. Low trigger levels are best for creating distorted images, and higher levels are better for creating blurred images.
5. Square, rectangular geometric shapes (such as buildings) often make the most interesting subjects for distorted photos.
6. Lower ambient light, which sets a slower shutter speed, is better for creating blurred images.
7. Practice, practice, practice.
- 2,99 €
- Category: Photo & Video
- Released: 18 February 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: James Mattis
- © 2009 James A. Mattis
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.